News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Garage Party 4/20

Started by IceCold4x4, April 15, 2019, 10:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Yea Yea I know 4/20 right? Well since I'm the absolute king of having broken crap. It's high time I fixed that so without further diatribe I'm having a garage Party on 4/20. Will be all day as I have the following projects to attempt to fix.

1. ZRX diagnose and find out and maybe fix why it left me stranded on the dragons tail, involves pulling the head and maybe a basic port / valve job and god only knows what.

2. Finalize getting my KDX street legal

3. Possibly getting the concourse running if I can get some funds and parts and a dealership trip lined up in time. (doubtful but maybe at least we can get a list of fixes that need to be done)

4. the KAZUMA VIPER 110!!!!!!!! It runs ish  but is beyond sketchy Hopefully kyle can help me get / find out what bearings are needed before hand and we can swap that stuff over to make it something that won't try and kill us at vintage fest. Also the seat needs to be resecured via means other than duct tape....

Also I'll have my "simulator rig" with some VR and other stuff on trial. Working on getting more games VR compatible in time but I can guarantee it will work with a few different cars and a laser scanned copy of barbers. Food and  beer of course, let me know what y'all want, Thinking about making a fatty roll, and hamburgers or hot dogs.

All are welcome and I've got a decent selection of tools and enough copies of Crusty demons of dirt to make everyone wince.

I'll post up my address closer to time, but I live right behind the summit in birmingham.

David DoubleEX

I can come and accidentally wake up everyone's kids! Hahaha........
Really though I may be able to make it down. Would be a good test for the new saddle that's coming in tomorrow. And I can bring my front brakes and swap them out. I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 15, 2019, 10:16:05 PM
I can come and accidentally wake up everyone's kids! Hahaha........
Really though I may be able to make it down. Would be a good test for the new saddle that's coming in tomorrow. And I can bring my front brakes and swap them out. I'll let you know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If my zrx hasn't pissed off my neighbors with an open baffle a few Horn honks won't......

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

springer

I might be able to make this!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

I doubt I will be in any condition to help after the Hollytree Extreme enduro!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 16, 2019, 11:28:28 AM
I doubt I will be in any condition to help after the Hollytree Extreme enduro!
Hey I'm always down for some help with 12 oz curls....

IceCold4x4

Address posted. Hope to see yall tomorrow

LawnmowerRG

If it's still going I may stop by after work (6:30-7:00 ish) can't stay long though.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

IceCold4x4

I'll be here in some mental state or another lol....

IceCold4x4

So zrx is not doing well....

IceCold4x4

Had to grab dons bike since it died on the way over.... Looks like it was just low on fuel

LawnmowerRG

Didn't get to hang out very long. I did however have a great time hanging out with the guys there.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

IceCold4x4

Got bad news on the zrx, she's going to be sidelined for a while, at least until the Connie gets running and the Porsche gets fixed and sold to bank roll it.

But thanks to everyone that lent a hand.

The only real forward progress made all day was Rodney getting the key out of the concours new ignition, and fixing dons not quite broken but just out of Gas bike....