News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The Gypsy CaraVanVan

Started by Chitza, June 04, 2019, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

I suppose it's expected of me by this point. Another bike that doesn't quite fit nicely in to any category. But I bought this bike for backroads and light dual sporting so here is where she's gonna fit. If you're not familiar with the Suzuki RV200(VanVan), it's the same engine as the DR200. I was looking longingly at the TW200's and the new Honda Monkeys and Super Cubs when Buzz mentioned the VanVan. Freedom Powersports in Huntsville had a 2018 Still on the floor AND it's fuel injected! SOLD! She's still in the break in period at 320miles, but she is loosening up nicely. I have my mod list made and my shopping cart is full. Bark busters, cushy grips, rear rack, +1 tooth front sprocket and maybe a skid plate/engine guard combo. That will be all for now. I won't be breaking any speed records but I got two bikes in one. Light DS and small putter.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

yamahamer

That looks fun and cozy.  ;)

TWJohn

They look cool. Keep us posted on how it does over the next few weeks/months.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

TWJohn

Whats your impression on it so far?Do you still have it?
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Chitza

I still have it. Still love it. Time to ride has been limited to simple 1-2 hour rides when the heat wasn't stifling. As soon as this barn/house is done I can live the life of leisure I'm trying to build 🤣
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

TN_twowheeladdict

Did that bike have zero miles on it when you bought it?  I may have test ridden that bike at Freedom powersports.  We couldn't come to an agreement on price, so I went and bought a Himalayan.  Then a couple months later a Van Van showed up on Craigslist and I had to have it.

Are you still enjoying it? 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL