News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

300-500 CC Bike for Newbie

Started by JBMFT, June 13, 2019, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBMFT

Hello folks! I have a friend who has been bit by the bug and is looking for a 300-500cc bike to learn on that won't break the bank. He has taken the MSF course and invested in some decent safety gear. All he needs is a good bike.

I looked at the Swap Meet board and didn't see anything that fit the bill but thought maybe someone would have a gently used bike that fit the description in their garage that they might be on the fence about selling.

Anyone got something? Many thanks in advance!

Moto Guzzi

A friend is wanting to sell his 2002 SV650S.  Maybe a bit more than what they are looking for though.  Comes with a new set of tires (Pirelli Angel GT's)that have not been mounted.  Let me know if they are interested and I will put you in touch.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

would he want a drz ?

what's his price range ?

just give 'er the berries !

JBMFT

Quote from: kylepeterson on June 17, 2019, 06:34:17 PM
would he want a drz ?

what's his price range ?

I am not sure if that would fit the bill. He is more interested in cruisers and standards.
I think his budget is $2000-2500.

Moto Guzzi

The SV owner is asking $2200.  Definitely not a cruiser or standard though! lol.

Spicciani2

if not an S model the SV is very much a standard in my opinion.   The powerband may be a bit too torquey for a newbie though.... depends on the fellows internal limiter.