News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2019 Tennessee Dirt Devil

Started by Fencejumper09, June 24, 2019, 09:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

It was another great ride prepared by @Nice Goat and although we had a little adversity it all ended up perfectly with everyone making it back to camp in one piece!

Friday afternoon @kylepeterson showed up at my house to load up and head north in his new whip! The Nissan was loaded down with some heavy steel and man meat but she did the job! I hate that we didn't get any picture of the rig loaded down.

We got to camp around 5pm to find @KevinB and Glenn cleaning up after a ride to lunch and to check on a few of tomorrows route options.  Camp was set-up and the chill began!

Well unless your name is Kyle and there is a Monster energy around!( (Don't try this at home!]

We headed into Hohenwald for dinner at Lewis & Clarke's Restaurant. Shortly after ordering we heard the wind and rain start. We doubled down on cold beers and decided there was nothing we could do at this point to save the campsite.  @Mulley ordered a 14 oz ribeye so of course I had to order a 15 oz with some Mac N Cheese. Mine seriously was a good 1/2 inch thicker and cooked perfectly medium rare.  This was truly one of the tastiest steaks I have had in a while!

We headed back to camp to find a mess of wet chairs and relocated ez-ups!

With enough gas the campfire was ignited and storytelling began. Went to bed too late and with a little too much booze in me!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

Saturday started with some random guy in a van asking to tag along and without hesitation we all said "Hell Yeah"

It ended up being @Emgo and he was a solid dude and rider volunteering to run sweep!

We headed out of the campground and pretty quickly began seeing some smoke out of Kyle's DRZ. Having ridden with Kyle a good bit I knew that this was the good DRZ and there shouldn't be any smoke. I caught up to him and saw a good amount of oil leaking onto his exhaust and swingarm. After a roadside repair we headed towards the gravel and saw some more smoke. After a second repair and getting passed by a couple cyclists we were off!

The route was awesome and we found some pretty cool spots! I don't know how Kurt managed to get pelted with dirt and rocks all day in that helmet!

Had a great lunch at Beacon Light Tea Room and I left my phone on the bike so no pictures. Trust me the biscuits are heavenly with the preserves, the burgers are monstrous and the pie was delectable!

We had a few adventures in the creeks! My 690 went for a swim and a 500 was not to be outdone and also went for a swim! After drying out a bit they were both able to finish the day.

We found a few more fun spots including a great swimming hole and worked our way back to camp.

We drank beer and ate a bunch of sausage around the campfire.  Some showered in Glenn's shower pod and others just let the funk marinade!  It was another fantastic event and some great times were had around the campfire!

We stopped at Square-Forty Restaurant and after a loooong wait we received a great breakfast to fuel the drive home!

The video should eventually get to HD but it may take Youtube a while to get there! 

If you weren't there then you missed a great one! Fantastic ride for any skill level!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Guidedawg

Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing.

kdtrull

Man...y'all heathe'rns had a bunch more fun than I did.

kylepeterson

Super fun weekend with these dudes !

If you missed this, you missed out ;-)

Buy that's a given.

Next time, more braaaap !!!
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

Make sure you stay tuned to the last second of the video! Supplied a little Easter egg for those patient enough!   :D
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

kylepeterson

I'm just gonna piggy back the ride report if that's OK...

Episode 1
https://youtu.be/NwGq-tXU4hM

Fencejumper09

@kylepeterson youtube likes you more better than me. Your video is so much more clear at the same Youtube setting!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

kylepeterson

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on June 27, 2019, 11:41:00 AM
@kylepeterson youtube likes you more better than me. Your video is so much more clear at the same Youtube setting!!

It ain't me, check your export settings. The only way I can get a good upload is to export 2k 60fps, but in final cut pro I -have- to specify 2704*1520 or else it will look like garbage.

4k always looks good, but 1080/2k are picky as hell.

I'm looking at a insta360 next, so I can catch Mo action:-)