News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Some lessons to be learned here.

Started by klaviator, June 29, 2019, 01:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Watch the video.  Ignore the fact that the title points out it was Harley owners.  The brand of bike ridden is irrelevant.  There are some lessons to be learned from this.

gulfcoaster

Centrifugal force does require momentum.  They're lucky they didn't end up under the bikes.

Nice Goat

Looks like a tight uphill hairpin turn, and they didn't have any idea how to take it.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

I think #1 target fixated on the drop-off inside the turn and that  gravitated him to the edge of the pavement.

I have no explanation for #2. He took a hard right turn and drove off almost perpendicular to the roadway...almost like he was trying.

lastparrot

@kevinb  i think you are correct about the first.  I do think the second bike turned to look at the first one that went over the edge.  His slow speed and current angle of the bike helped turn the bike straight off the road. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

springer

Lesson point 1....they needs some moare Gymkhana.
  Lesson point 2....Stupid is as stupid does.
  Lesson point 3....Just because you owned a motorcycle 20-30 years doesn't mean you know how to ride today....or 30 years ago.

Harsh? Yea, a little bit, but finding it out before you ride off the road and crash is better than just going out, then crashing.  :)

If you want to see this in real life, just go to any "rally" like Thunder Beach, Faunsdale, Daytona, or just about any street rally.  You can see it at local "Bike Nights" too.

Okay, end of rant.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.