News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

1969 TR6C on Ebay

Started by Scooter, July 10, 2019, 06:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

Do any of you guys from Huntsville area know anything about this Triumph? It is currently on eBay with a buy it now of $7400 and the bid is at $4800. Looks nice from what you see from pic's and still has time left for it to go up in price yet. Yet wondering if any of you may know the bike..
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

merc16

Idk but I'd be interested in the Jeep behind it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Justin

Scooter

Agreed. Whomever it is has some nice toys!
Scooter

renchinrider

Scooter, sorry:  I've been "off the air" for a while while drowning in work projects.  :'(

No, I don't know anything about the bike, and don't recognize it.  Do you have any other information about it (seller name or other id)?  We have a whole bunch of Triumph owners up this way, and there's a good chance either somebody in North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club or the Triumph Owners club knows something about it.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

TWJohn

Quote from: merc16 on July 10, 2019, 07:17:31 PM
Idk but I'd be interested in the Jeep behind it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Agreed. That is a super nice Cherokee XJ
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Scooter

Quote from: renchinrider on July 15, 2019, 08:49:48 PM
Scooter, sorry:  I've been "off the air" for a while while drowning in work projects.  :'(

No, I don't know anything about the bike, and don't recognize it.  Do you have any other information about it (seller name or other id)?  We have a whole bunch of Triumph owners up this way, and there's a good chance either somebody in North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club or the Triumph Owners club knows something about it.
I don't know anything else about it, except it did not sell and is relisted. But his price is above my budget. Appears to be a Nice early scrambler though. It made it to $6400 and did not sell. I too am an old Triumph nut from the 60's and sold off my hoard about 20'years ago. Have an 06 Scrambler and really looking for a 500 twin. Tiger or Daytona. Something that just maybe an old man can still kick start!
Scooter

Scooter

Barbers is not far off and I keep adding to my nest egg and hopefully can find a decent deal on one up there. Last year there were several nice 500 twins for sale and also am interested in a nice Harley Sprint. Which was my first motorcycle in 1964.  Just throwing it out there in case some one has one they they want to part with. Not looking for a restoration project though.
Scooter

Scooter

The person goes by jgaude on eBay.. He has lowered his sell it now to $7100 and it's currently at $5300. We'll see where it ends this time. He'd have be around 6k for me to be a player.. This is one of the few that I can travel too, see and hear it running. I'm too scared to spend that kind of money for one across the country that I can't actually see in person.
Scooter

renchinrider

Scooter, I've asked around, but can't find anyone who can direct me to the owner of this bike.  If I get anything specific, I'll let you know, but it seems to be a Triumph owner who isn't out in the social scene very much... :(
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Scooter

I appreciate the time and effort! It's been renewed several times now and once got up too $6400 and he wouldn't sell. It's back up again now, but again asking an out of budget price.. Appears to be a nice scrambler, but just one I am not willing to pay what he's asking. Barbers is just around the corner now and I'm still saving some for maybe a chance there.. As in all things vintage, they are only worth what someone else is willing to pay. Seems the vintage have really gone way up in asking price, but I don't a lot of them selling for those high prices yet.. I've seen some Cushmans lately asking $7k. But the aren't selling either..
Scooter