News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Rally in the Other Valley Oct 25-27

Started by Chitza, August 01, 2019, 09:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

norton73

My schedule is looking good to make this.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chitza

TWO WEEKS OUT!! The weather is looking good and the bonfire pile is looking like the Empire State Building. (This is actually a box burning party, too. First move where I have burned good boxes rather than saving them for the next one!)

I will have a large pot of three alarm chili to go with the three alarm fire and cooler temps. Plenty of room for everybody!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Fencejumper09

Three alarm chili?

I will bring the pepto!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chitza

What you need to bring:

A chair
Sleeping arrangement (We have plenty of floor space in the garage and I have a few camping cots if you just want to bring a sleeping pad and sleeping bag.)
Bathroom necessities (towel and washcloth for sure) if you intend to shower. Which I'm sure all of us would appreciate.
Your brand of beer if Yeungling isn't your cup of tea.

Oh! And yo'self, preferably on your bike(though this is optional if you just want to hang for the bonfire Saturday night), with an appetite!

I'll need a final headcount for food by Friday morning the 25th.

Chitza

Right now the forecast is looking cold and wet for next weekend.  This event will NOT be cancelled, though it may change a little. Cold riding is okay. Wet riding is okay. Cold and wet riding, not so much. The invitation still stands. Come and hang out, with or without your bike. We will ride as weather allows, it just may not be as "organized." Camp or throw a sleeping bag on the garage floor(I have three cots and 3, 4" thick foam pads to throw under you). I also have a futon in the cabin. There will be chili, beer, a functional garage for wrenching and a bonfire if weather allows. The farm is in no way "finished", but I'm ready to host you guys and you can come back later to see the progress! Help us plan some trails!

This event will be an annual event, though next year I hope for it to be a little earlier. We had construction constraints this year.

Let me know by 8:00 a.m. Friday morning if you plan to attend and when you will arrive so I can have enough food.

Fencejumper09

"IF" the forecast stays cold and wet what night will the main shindig be?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

LawnmowerRG

Planning to attend on Saturday night if at all possible. I may be able to get there earlier, but I have been a little neglectful of work this month. So I want to, but probably not going to be earlier in the day.
I will bring a cot for some floor space.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Chitza

Well, I thought the forecast was looking up. Only 40% chance of rain for Saturday yesterday. Now we are back up to 90%. Being without rain and winter gear, I'm not inclined to lead any rides :(
We're still gonna be here, wrenching, cooking, eating, enjoying adult beverages and having a fire if we can get it lit. We will be here both evenings with plenty of food and drink. No time frames after 5:00pm Friday. Show up when you get ready, stay as long as you can stand. I will have some EZUPs and there's plenty of room in the garage. Bring muck boots or a change of shoes if you want to stomp around the property. Can't wait to see you guys!!

maydaymike

I plan to come and hang out on Saturday evening for a while. Might swing by for a bit on Friday night as well if I don't get off work too late. Rain if shine , probably won't be joining y'all for a ride though. I've got a large pile of truck parts calling my name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Chitza

Yep. A slop Fest. So far, most folks who are planning to attend are saying they will be here Saturday afternoon/evening. Is anyone planning to be here today?(Friday)
Have I given everyone the address? PM me if I forgot you!

kylepeterson

I'm probably going to watch Netflix all weekend and vegetable... cause dang it's wet out there !
just give 'er the berries !

David DoubleEX

I can't make it because we are moving this weekend. Have spent everyday working on my brothers new house!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chitza

There will be boat parking. Your can drop anchor right outside the barn.

LawnmowerRG

Umm I'm strongly leaning to bringing the truck. I do have a customer 4 wheeler that it wouldn't hurt to ride. It's pretty clean and it's 2wheel drive though.

O if anyone wanted to ride up from the ham Saturday late and come back Sunday they are welcome to ride.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Fencejumper09

Should be leaving shortly! Cmon @kylepeterson come drink some alcoholic root beers or something!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT