CANCELLED !! "Nowhere to be and ALL day to get there" ride, November 8-10

Started by Al Goodwin, August 08, 2019, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

Our wonderful co-host, Melony Goodwin, will be having an extensive back surgery the Monday prior to this event, we just received the call Thursday of the date.  The recovery from this surgery will be long and difficult.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience, y'all keep an eye open for a possible replacement ride/event before the end of the year.

Y'all keep Melony in your prayers ....we'll update everyone on her progress.

Once again...I apologize for the late notice cancellation.

.It's that time of year again....the time of year where it may rain, thunderstorm, be 35 degrees, or be 90 degrees.....regardless of all that, we'll be riding.

Plenty of camping space.  We'll cookout Friday and Saturday night.  Breakfast will be served Saturday morning, so no need to worry about that.

The pool will be open, but it'll be DAMN COLD by then.

I had to cancel his ride last year due to unexpected work schedule change, this year it's ON !!!!

I haven't decided on the route yet, there's good riding in southern middle Tennessee, but there's also some riding in Bankhead that we don't hit on your Free State rides.

I'm open to suggestions.

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

KevinB

TWJohn

I have Vacation approved for that Friday. This is going to be fun.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Mulley

What type of ride is this? Street, ADV, Dualsport??? Difficulty level?
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Mulley on August 27, 2019, 11:16:25 AM
What type of ride is this? Street, ADV, Dualsport??? Difficulty level?

It's a "big bike friendly" dual sport ride.  Dirt roads, possibly a sketchy bridge or 2...nothing technical.  My wife and I rode it 2-up. input Tenere.  There may be some optional more difficult options.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

Al Goodwin

I need to go and make sure it's passable, if so...this bridge will be on the route.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

klaviator

I'm planning on coming.  If I don't have a dual sport bike by then I'll lead a street ride.

TWJohn

I am sorry to hear this. I hope Melony makes a speedy recovery. Surgery is never any fun...
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Chitza

Sorry to hear this, Alan. Please let me know if you guys need anything.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

renchinrider

Prayers for Melony!  Hope both surgery and recovery are successful, and speedy!  You take care too, Al!  Let us know if you need anything...We're just a phone call/email away!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

David DoubleEX

Hope the surgery goes well!

All, we could still get together and do something if you already had that weekend sectioned off for riding. I know some more local trails east of Huntsville or we could get together in bankhead or something? Thoughts? If there is interest, I can start a new post on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650