CANCELLED !! "Nowhere to be and ALL day to get there" ride, November 8-10

Started by Al Goodwin, August 08, 2019, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

Thanks for taking the reigns.....sounds like a great idea. 

Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 29, 2019, 10:27:00 AM
Hope the surgery goes well!

All, we could still get together and do something if you already had that weekend sectioned off for riding. I know some more local trails east of Huntsville or we could get together in bankhead or something? Thoughts? If there is interest, I can start a new post on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

I don't hear any interest except by TWJohn. Is anyone else interested in doing something that weekend in place of Al's event? If I don't hear anything else within a couple days, I'll assume there isn't any interest. Thanks.

Sweeper

I'd be up for a day ride if it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

Depending on the weather I may be up for a street ride that day.  I don't currently have a dual sport bike. 

norton73

Lynn & I are thinking about heading up to Tellico Plains next weekend with the little dual sports.

There's a group from AdvRider camping at CMT. 

While Lynn has a ton of experience street riding, off-road is somewhat new to her. We probably won't be hauling ass or doing difficult single track. Gonna be a relaxing ride on the XT225 and KLX250S.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

KevinB

Al Goodwin

Surgery update.

Melony done well in surgery this morning.  We'll be here for a couple of nights then head home on Wednesday.

I'd like to apologize once again for the short notice cancellation...

Y'all enjoy whatever ride you take.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Sweeper

Gam

A month or so ago we went from Chillhowee Campground to TWO on a mostly dirt route. I went to that store across from TWO and there was a motorcycle with a skyscraper of camping gear parked there. I figured it was one of those youtube guys headed to Patagonia, turned out to be Allen and Melony out for few days trip.  Good to see you both, I hope Melony has a complete and speedy recovery.

TWJohn

Quote from: Al Goodwin on November 04, 2019, 12:18:42 PM
Surgery update.

Melony done well in surgery this morning.  We'll be here for a couple of nights then head home on Wednesday.

I'd like to apologize once again for the short notice cancellation...

Y'all enjoy whatever ride you take.

Thats awesome! Good to hear she did ok.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

KevinB

Al Goodwin

Made it home this afternoon late....all settled in.

Melony is almost an inch taller now....still a long road of physical therapy and healing.  She'll  be ready to ride around the world come spring.  Maybe Nova Scotia will finally be on our horizon next year.

Thanks again for all the prayers.

David DoubleEX

Glad to hear she is doing well!

For anyone that might have missed it, klaviator posted a ride for tomorrow (saturday). Go check for it in the street rides section. Hope to see some of you there.