News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The long way back.

Started by lazeebum, August 10, 2019, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

This lady is awesome! We decided to ride to Lynchburg to look for more riding gear.
While the gear search wasn't successful, we had a fun ride.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

lazeebum

While we were in Lynchburg we had lunch at The Caboose. The barbecue was pretty good. We strolled around, stretching our legs, and shopping for Miss Jan some riding pants.

For some reason they had a wrecked stock car there. A feller told me Clint Boyer slid across the finish line upside down in this car.

klaviator

Hey Randy, we were in Lynchburg today around 10:30 and saw that car.  One of the guys on the ride did buy some Diamond gusset jeans.

lazeebum

After our lunch, and stroll around town, we saddled up and headed back west. We rode over through Pulaski and Fayetteville on hwy 64. And for a 4 lane, it's scenic and enjoyable, but two lanes are more laid back, so I decided to take Tennessee 129 back to Pulaski. Of course alone state road 129 is Lynville, home of the Soda Pop Junction. They boast to have the best burger in Tennessee, but E And E Food and Spirits has 'em beat. We were full from lunch, but ice cream is always a good idea.
After the ice cream, we finished our ride back home with just one more "short cut".
It was an enjoyable day with a lovely lady.

lazeebum

Quote from: klaviator on August 10, 2019, 05:51:40 PM
Hey Randy, we were in Lynchburg today around 10:30 and saw that car.  One of the guys on the ride did buy some Diamond gusset jeans.
What are diamond gusset jeans, and where did he get them?

merc16

They are my favorite riding jean. They have a website you check out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Justin

lazeebum

Thanks Merc 16. I will.
In spite of getting soaked from a pretty good storm, we put 170 miles on the bike today.

klaviator

Quote from: lazeebum on August 10, 2019, 05:53:03 PM
What are diamond gusset jeans, and where did he get them?

If you look at the first picture you posted, the Diamond Gusset sign is just above your girl friends head.  The store is right there.  They sell kevlar reinforced riding jeans.  They sell ladies sizes and those are 50% off.  Go back to Lynchburg and check them out.  Everyone I know who bought some are happy with them.  Unlike most riding jeans they come in a complete selection of sizes.  They only drawback to these jeans is that they don't come with pockets for knee pads.  We talked to the ladies at the store and one of them does alterations and said she could probably add some pockets for armor if the customer provided the armor.

Anyway, if you are looking for kevlar riding jeans, go check them out.  They are normally $145 but they have a bunch with minor factory defects for $75.   

lazeebum

Lol... Talk about not paying attention. I was definitely guilty of that. Thanks Win!

lazeebum

So we decided to go back and get some diamond gusset jeans.
It was an enjoyable weekend if riding. I'm hoping to get our stamina built up for longer trips.

merc16

Congratulations. You can get something like Bohn body armor to fit underneath if you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Justin

lazeebum

Miss Jan is getting more and more comfortable riding with me.
So we decided to take a short overnight trip to get practiced up for a long trip. Our tentative destination was Monteagle, Tennessee.

lazeebum

Our strategy was to enjoy the coolest part of the day, and then either enjoy a motel pool, or air conditioning. We didn't take many pictures on the way over, but we did stop by TIms Ford dam. It was a good place for my lady to re tie her boots.

lazeebum

We just had to have a couple of pictures here.

backinthesaddle

Suzuki M109R