News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

1986 Yamaha IT 200S

Started by Campbell92, April 17, 2019, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

I just picked up a new project bike; a 1986 YAMAHA IT200. It is rather clean from the get go but I still plan on replacing plastics and decals. I want it to look as close to new as possible....for an 86 model anyways. Looks like I may need a new carb kit (the things you learn when you leave the fuel petcock on). Just curious if anyone has owned one of these machines or currently owns one. Just wanting some tips or tricks for a somewhat simple yet bullet proof 2 stroke. I will supply pics when I am finished!

yamahamer

I had one about 30 years ago. One of the best trail bikes of it's time.
Pretty much bullet proof from the factory.

KevinB

Quote from: Campbell92 on April 17, 2019, 02:20:09 PM
I will supply pics when I am finished!

Let's see some before pics!  :)

kylepeterson

Quote from: Campbell92 on April 17, 2019, 02:20:09 PM
I just picked up a new project bike; a 1986 YAMAHA IT200. It is rather clean from the get go but I still plan on replacing plastics and decals. I want it to look as close to new as possible....for an 86 model anyways. Looks like I may need a new carb kit (the things you learn when you leave the fuel petcock on). Just curious if anyone has owned one of these machines or currently owns one. Just wanting some tips or tricks for a somewhat simple yet bullet proof 2 stroke. I will supply pics when I am finished!

that things the epitomy of reliable, simple, sweet woods machine. i bet you just have some gunky trash in the float needle. @yamahamer  can tell you all about how to clean up the seat with a qtip in a drill, and it won't leak anymore.

mmm, simple two strokes, that's good stuff :-)
just give 'er the berries !