North Alabama street ride, Saturday 11-16-19

Started by klaviator, November 14, 2019, 04:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Meeting place: Freedom Powersports Huntsville
Time: Meet at 10:30. Depart 11:00

I plan on getting to Freedom Powersports around 10:30 on Saturday, kicking some tires and departing at 11. The route will be to ride to Guntersville, Wyeth Mtn Rd., 227,67 & 35 to Scottsboro for lunch. After that we'll head over to CR39 up Crow Mountain and then 33, 79, 146 to 65 through Paint Rock Valley. We finish up in Gurley. That route is around 130 miles. The pace will be somewhat sporty but as always ride at your own pace and we will wait for any slower riders at turns.

Weather forecast calls for a high around 55 and sunny so after a cool morning it should be a great day for a ride. I made the start time late enough that it should be reasonably warm by the time we leave. Hope to see some of you on Saturday.

Sweeper

I'm out of town or I'd be in. Thanks for making the effort Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWJohn

I finally got my KLR running again. I am going to try and finish assembling it today for this!
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

KevinB

I'm a maybe...we're travelling for a playoff game tonight, depends how late we get back.

David DoubleEX

I should make it. I have plans at 5 in bridgeport so I may end up leaving a little early.

TWJohn I will holler at you. We can ride over together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

klaviator

Quote from: KevinB on November 15, 2019, 08:30:12 AM
I'm a maybe...we're travelling for a playoff game tonight, depends how late we get back.

If you don't want to ride all the way to Huntsville we can meet you in Guntersville.  We won't be there before 11:30.

SoloRider73

I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinB

Looks like my plans got changed for the day...hate I'm going to miss this one.  :(

klaviator

Quote from: KevinB on November 16, 2019, 09:30:51 AM
Looks like my plans got changed for the day...hate I'm going to miss this one.  :(

See ya on another ride in the future.

SoloRider73

Great ride today.  The mighty DR even slid the back wheel heading up Crow mountain.  ;D 

Win, thanks for organizing and leading the ride.

TWJohn

Today was quite a bit of fun. It was a great day.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

Thanks everyone for coming along.  It was a beautiful day to be out riding.  I'll post up a ride report when I get the chance.  I took 122 pics.  Some of them where junk but some weren't.

Here's a couple of teasers: