News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

It's been two FOREVERS!

Started by Sadlsor, March 08, 2020, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadlsor

Last time anyone around here saw me, I was on a KTM 950 Adventure. Sold it 13 months ago, and haven't had a running motorbike since then till now.
Bought my best brother-in-law's 2008 Honda ST1300, and rode it home a week ago today.
It's just exactly like the KTM! And I mean, EXACTLY. Same sound, same looks, same weight, same... nah.
It ain't nuthin' like the nine-fiddy,
But it IS a motorcycle, and a comfy one at that. AND!! I can finally put both feet flat on the ground again... at the same time, even.
I'm Mark Medlin, still live in Hoover, still take on too much, still too busy, still working... but dangit, I can ride again.
So there's that.
Tell us where y'all meet sometime, and I'll really, really try to come see someone.
I'm in class Monday, Tuesday and Thursday till 9:30, leaving basically a little time on Wednesday and Friday evenings and maybe steal some time from a weekend.
How y'all been?
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.

jrobinson

Welcome back. Good to hear from you again.

yamahamer

kylepeterson

those are some kind of nice bikes !
just give 'er the berries !

Sadlsor

I'll try to keep up with riding events, particularly any Gymkhanas in the near future.
About 200 more pounds of motorcycle, so I'm still growing accustomed to tight turns. Smaller front wheel, too, than the KTM 21"-er. But it's a whole lot lower, so I just have to adjust.
If you see me riding this thing in the dirt, please stop and help.
I've obviously screwed up somewhere! 
??? :D

LawnmowerRG

Hey Mark

I posted up a ride for Saturday and put a Gymkhana in the planning section.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Sadlsor

Well, I have missed the Saturday meetup, but I don't see the Gymkhana post in the Planning forum.
Maybe I've missed the Search function. I saw an older one for GK, but nothing lately.

klaviator

Quote from: Sadlsor on June 12, 2020, 05:14:29 PM
Well, I have missed the Saturday meetup, but I don't see the Gymkhana post in the Planning forum.
Maybe I've missed the Search function. I saw an older one for GK, but nothing lately.

Here you go:  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3837.msg34260#msg34260

LawnmowerRG

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Sadlsor

And it's good to be back, Rodney. Thank you!
When I sold the KTM 950 a year ago February, I had NO idea it would be 13 months before the replacement appeared. Note to self: get the next-next in the garage before releasing a bike.

Klaviator, I found your post in Street Rides, but the link you shared returns:

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

I'll catch up with y'all soon. I need you, more than you need me.  ;D

klaviator

Quote from: Sadlsor on June 13, 2020, 10:39:09 AM

Klaviator, I found your post in Street Rides, but the link you shared returns:

The link works for me but it's in the members only area.  I would think you should be able to see the members only area since you are not a brand new member but that would be a question for the Admins. 

Johnny, Glenn, do you have any idea why he can't see the members only area????

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on June 13, 2020, 03:57:58 PM
The link works for me but it's in the members only area.  I would think you should be able to see the members only area since you are not a brand new member but that would be a question for the Admins. 

Johnny, Glenn, do you have any idea why he can't see the members only area????

Event Planning is one of those sections that we made available only to Moderators, a couple of Event Planners, and the most active members (500 posts).  The thinking was that these groups would discuss options and determine details for a forum event before moving it to the Rides section and making it public.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Thanks Glenn. 

Sadisor, no date has been set for Gymkhanna.  When it is I'm sure it will be posted somewhere that you can see it.

Nashcat

@Sadlsor  I found this site from ADV and noticed that you're here. Maybe we'll meet up, either in TN or AL. Maybe at one of the ST events.

John