News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Got all the good out of tires

Started by thinwater, March 19, 2020, 09:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

It is amazing how much smoother the new tires are.  I didn't realize the old tires had caused so much vibration in my bike until I swapped them out.  Heindenau K60 Scouts, replaced TAT worn Mefo Explorers that were "feathered" really bad on the front.  For my size bike the rear tread pattern doesn't have the solid stripe down the middle.  Has good tapered channel to let go of the mud, I barely hear them start to roar at 40mph right when the wind noise overtakes the tire noise and I don't hear it at all.  just FYI.

norton73

I've been running the K60s for the last several tires changes on my R100GS. I am really happy with them, and in spite of pressures from others, have no interest in trying something different. I have two sets of rims for the bike, one set has TKC 80 knobbies for off road, the other set I divided between Avon Gripsters or Distanzas for daily and touring use. Since I have been using the K60s, I haven't used the TKC 80s. I pulled them from the corner of the garage last winter for a dirt ride and thought about using them, but they dated from 2006, so I just continued with the K60s.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

TWJohn

You got your money out of those. They looked shot last year.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650