News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

TTR90 help...

Started by WillyT, April 15, 2020, 12:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillyT

Welp finally got a chance to take the carb off for the billionth time. Main jet seems to be. Pilot jet seemed to be clogged from what I could tell at home. Brought them to work to look at them under the microscope and the pilot jet has a little bit of a hole all the way through but I can not get anything to go all the way through. Even tried some small safety wire and no go.

So grabbed some carb cleaner on my way into work this morning and will try that out and see if I can get it unclogged.
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

yamahamer

Soak them in pine sol over night and rinse them real good with water. Works better than carb cleaner.  ;)

WillyT

Welp soak them in pine sol and carb cleaner and can't get the stupid pilot jet cleared.
They sure do look shiny now though.  ;D
I think the problem is that I don't have anything to really get in there and clear it out. Have them at work with me today and am going to see what we have here.
May end up just buying a new pilot jet.

Nice Goat

Take a piece of twisted copper wire and remove one strand.  Use that to clear the holes.  Copper is very malleable and will not scratch the inside of the jets.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

WillyT

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 05, 2020, 10:50:42 AM
Take a piece of twisted copper wire and remove one strand.  Use that to clear the holes.  Copper is very malleable and will not scratch the inside of the jets.

Just so happen, I found some copper wire at work. Took a second to get it to pass through but finally did. Used that to clear the holes out.
Awesome. Thanks again guys.