Linked Events

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

mega1e6

I can only come for the day on Saturday.
Going to try to be there when the gates open at 8 AM

Nice Goat

Ride brief tomorrow morning at 8:45 next to the bathrooms adjacent to the tent camping area!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Only took a few pics...was having too much fun riding and forgot.

KevinB

TFancher

Thanks Glenn for once again putting together a great ride. This has become an annual ride that is a can't miss event! And TURTLE PIE!
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Nice Goat

We had a great time this weekend.  I didn't take any pictures since I was in front and also it was all I could do to follow the GPS and stay on course.

We started with perfect weather and 13 bikes:

Glenn, Kevin, Tony, Landon, Rich, Keith, Brad, Steve, Brian, Tom, Dave, Steve, and Natalie.

About a third of the way through segment B, at the corner of Lick Creek and Shoal Branch, we picked up Tom and his brother John, from Michigan.  They were reading a paper Dirt Devil map and trying to find their bearings.  I offered that they could join our group, which they happily accepted.

About five minutes later, Landon's rear tube blew a seam.  We tried using Slime but it didn't hold.  Then we replaced the tube and all was better.

I was the only person who dropped their bike in a creek.  It was 5mph and 3" deep, but it was more slippery that anything I've ever seen.  I wasn't even able to stand up due to the algae.  I had to scoot on my ass to the edge to stand up.  I started directing people to the other side of the crossing.  Sometimes it sucks being the first one across!

We didn't even get to Bon Aqua until around 3:15pm, and we still had 70 miles to go.  The gas station had a nice selection of sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit, etc., in addition to sodas and chips.  It was a good shade tree lunch.

The afternoon pace turned out to be much faster.  Mill Creek Road was nice.  The water was clear, the obstacles were visible, and the mud field was dry.

In the interest of time, we blew right past the swimming hole and headed for the gas station in Hohenwald.  The weather was still perfect.  People bought their ice and beer, and we headed back to camp for well-deserved showers and food.  We finished the evening with a huddle around the camp fire to share some beers.  Kevin and Tony had me laughing so hard that my side started hurting.

All told, it was a great trip and a great ride with great guys and perfect weather and cool, clear creek crossings.

Make sure to watch Keith's video below.  He put a LOT of work into it, but it shows almost every creek crossing.  Great music and commentary also!

thinwater

Thanks for putting it on, Natalee and I both had a great time.  She felt really accomplished about the steep rutted, ledgy descent before the long creek crossing where you come out on the same side.  I have footage and will share when I get it edited, it may be up to a couple of weeks still.  I've viewed it, but haven't had a chance to trim and stitch it all together.

Nice Goat

Quote from: thinwater on June 07, 2020, 08:00:17 AM
Thanks for putting it on, Natalee and I both had a great time.  She felt really accomplished about the steep rutted, ledgy descent before the long creek crossing where you come out on the same side.  I have footage and will share when I get it edited, it may be up to a couple of weeks still.  I've viewed it, but haven't had a chance to trim and stitch it all together.

That was Ben Fly Road... it's a good one!

klaviator

Looks like a great time.  I didn't have a dual sport bike for this event so I missed it again.  I hope to make it next year!

norton73

Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos.  Sorry I had to miss it again. Hopefully life won't get in the way next time.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

mega1e6

Thank you for a great ride!  ;D

And thank you for the PIE!  ;)

thinwater

Thanks again for getting this together. This is only half the ride because we had to be back in the Heart of Dixie for church the next morning.  So there is no footage in this after the lunch spot.
https://youtu.be/5YemvIXjWnY