News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport ride Friday 7/3 ?

Started by klaviator, July 01, 2020, 11:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

If this is too early for anyone thinking of coming, speak up now.  Any other suggestions, make them now.  I'll try to finalize things tomorrow morning. 

I'm OK with bringing a lunch but I'm also OK with stopping somewhere for lunch.  I'll go with the majority on that.

SoloRider73

I'm good with the time and bringing a lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rider_marc

Sounds like some good riding. Can't go. In fact the AT will be parked all weekend as I need to drive up to the house for the weekend. Going to be working on the enclosed trailer conversion.
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

thinwater

I'm good with the time.

I plan to pack a lunch, but if we find a place thats open, I'm not against hauling my lunch back home after eating out at an opportunity.  I just don't want to depend on dine in not knowing what will be closed because of the holiday weekend.....Preparedness.

klaviator

The plan:

Meeting place:  Shell, 26804 Main St, Ardmore, AL 35739

Time, Meet:  0730
         KSU:   0800

Pack something for lunch as we may or may not stop someplace to eat.  @thinwater will be leading the ride.  This will be an exploration route so we don't know for sure what its like.

mega1e6

dooda

I just found this group via the North AL DS group on Facebook.   I'd like to find more DS riders around HSV.   I've been on a 2009 KLX 250 for years and just added a 2012 BMW F800GS (it's in the shop this weekend).   I'll watch this forum for future rides.   How was the ride today?   Any of y'all plan/track your routes on the free app, REVER (rever.co)?

klaviator

Quote from: dooda on July 03, 2020, 03:16:20 PM
I just found this group via the North AL DS group on Facebook.   I'd like to find more DS riders around HSV.   I've been on a 2009 KLX 250 for years and just added a 2012 BMW F800GS (it's in the shop this weekend).   I'll watch this forum for future rides.   How was the ride today?   Any of y'all plan/track your routes on the free app, REVER (rever.co)?

Welcome to the forum.  You might want to introduce yourself in the new members section.

As for the ride today, I really enjoyed it although the plank they disguised as a seat on my new KLX was literally a PITA :D

My total mileage for the day was 240.  I took a bunch of pics and I'll post some them in this thread as soon as I get the chance.

Sweeper

Wow! 240 was a pretty big day on a little bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

We had 7 riders show up in Ardmore this morning. 

Some fine redneck engineering to make this CRF more comfortable.

We got on the road around 8 and started with some country roads.

We went through those same tunnels we did a couple of weeks ago but in the opposite direction.

klaviator

My only over the shoulder shot of the day.

We were riding along and had to stop for a cow blocking the road.  It eventually moved over and we rode by it.

After we rode by I saw a herd of cattle stampeding alongside the left of the road.  I wish i had gotten some pics of that.

We rode a lot of narrow, paved country roads.

And some gravel roads.

Stephen was leading the ride but had not ridden some of the roads.  This was an exploratory ride.  We got on a really noce gravel road that unfortunately came to a couple of gates.  We took a break there a a couple walked up.  They had a place back there and told us that the road used to go through but not any more.

We got stuck behind a slow moving tractor on the way out.

klaviator

There was no doubt we were in farm country.

While many of the roads were paved, they were often narrow, rough broken pavement and much better experienced on a dual sport of adventure bike.

Stopping for a much needed break.

Stephen told us this place has fantastic food and he will lead a ride someday that stops here for lunch.  Unfortunately it was closed today.

klaviator

We rode into Lynnville hoping to find a place to eat lunch as well as a gas station.  It turned out that Soda Pop Junction was open so we ate there. 

Besides having good food it's an interesting place.

"Downtown" Lynnville.

klaviator

We stopped and checked out this old place.

Mo riding.

It's not a real dual sport ride until someone's bike takes a nap ;D

klaviator

Mo pics.

One of many water crossings.  By far not the best but I happened to be set up to take pics of this one.