Nowhere To Be and All Day To Get There Ride and Camp. Oktober 9-11

Started by Al Goodwin, August 21, 2020, 02:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

CANCELED!!!!!

Due to a 90% chance of storms Saturday and Sunday, PLUS injuries sustained on a recent Colorado ride, I think it'd be a good idea to postpone this event to a later date.  I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.  I will try my best to find a date to reschedule this event.  Stand by for an updated event.

Again, I'm terrible sorry, but the weather isn't looking good for camping and riding...and my leg isn't feeling like doing anything but staying propped up on a pillow.

I just read that the Barbers Vintage Festival has been cancelled.. .so.....how about an Oktoberfest/Campout/Ride from our house... October 9-11.

Show up Friday and campout, or just Saturday morning for the ride.

Melony and I will be serving breakfast on Saturday morning.  Biscuits and bacon ....maybe some pancakes as well

We can cookout here Saturday night for dinner ....bring whatever you'd like thrown in the grill.

Not many trees around for hammocks, but plenty of room for as many tents as we can put up...

The route will, more than likely, be Bankhead, especially since we didn't have a "Dual Sporting The Free State" ride this year.

Address is
377 County Road 1286
Vinemont, Alabama 35179

KSU around 9ish am Saturday.  Lunch stop at Chef Troy's in Houston, Alabama.....

May have a movie night outside on the big screen...."Little Fauss and Big Halsey" may be the movie on screen.  It's John and Paula Alderman's FAVORITE.

Rain or shine, cold or hot..... IT'S ON !!!!!

klaviator

Sounds good to me.

BTW Al, flashback to the 2014 ride.

This was a couple of days ago.

norton73

I took the friday of Barber off already. 

AHRMA is still racing all events, I may still have a bunch of racers staying at my house, some of which I help in the pits.

https://www.ahrma.org/barber-vintage-festival/ahrma-will-race-at-barber-october-8-11-in-spite-of-festival-cancelation/
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Al Goodwin

Quote from: norton73 on August 21, 2020, 03:11:33 PM
I took the friday of Barber off already. 

AHRMA is still racing all events, I may still have a bunch of racers staying at my house, some of which I help in the pits.

https://www.ahrma.org/barber-vintage-festival/ahrma-will-race-at-barber-october-8-11-in-spite-of-festival-cancelation/

I didn't realize the races were still on for the weekend.

Thanks for the information.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on August 21, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Sounds good to me.

BTW Al, flashback to the 2014 ride.

This was a couple of days ago.

I really like that area, I just wish it was an hour closer....

norton73

Quote from: Al Goodwin on August 21, 2020, 03:15:30 PM
I didn't realize the races were still on for the weekend.

Thanks for the information.

I suspect spectators will be very limited, if allowed at all.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

LawnmowerRG

I'm game for the weekend. Do I need to bring anything more than just me and the BMW. I have large canopies and such.
Is the ride Big girl friendly. Cause if I push I possibly could have the KTM ready and tagged.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Sweeper

I'll put it on my calendar. I'll be riding out of Little Switzerland the weekend before so I may be a worn out mess. I only live up the road so won't be camping.
I was really looking forward to Barber VF this year as it always falls the same weekend as one of my group rides and riding wins over spectating. Still, I'm happy to have a riding opportunity!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on August 23, 2020, 04:34:38 PM
I'm game for the weekend. Do I need to bring anything more than just me and the BMW. I have large canopies and such.
Is the ride Big girl friendly. Cause if I push I possibly could have the KTM ready and tagged.

Yep....big bike friendly.

Merkur Man

Since Barbers VF has been cancelled, I would like to ride with you guys that weekend.
If the weather looks good, I would be tent camping. If there is a chance of rain, I will just drive up Saturday morning (from Oxford). Is there any problems with leaving/parking a pick-up truck at your place?
Would be riding my KTM 690.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Merkur Man on September 09, 2020, 05:20:32 PM
Since Barbers VF has been cancelled, I would like to ride with you guys that weekend.
If the weather looks good, I would be tent camping. If there is a chance of rain, I will just drive up Saturday morning (from Oxford). Is there any problems with leaving/parking a pick-up truck at your place?
Would be riding my KTM 690.

No-issue at all....we have plenty of room for any size truck/trailer combo.  Plenty of tent space.....and if I can get the dang barn cleaned out, maybe some chance of hanging hammocks between the beams there.

Glad to hear you might make it.

terryrussell1

Is this ride planning on crossing that rickety ass bridge?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: terryrussell1 on September 23, 2020, 10:26:56 AM
Is this ride planning on crossing that rickety ass bridge?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, but there's a way around it if someone options out.  It's steel beams under the wood, plenty sturdy.  We can walk the bikes across if need be.