News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

N. AL. / TN Street ride Sat 8-29-20

Started by klaviator, August 26, 2020, 01:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Any Interest? 

I'm going to do a street or a dual sport ride on Saturday depending on which has the most interest.

Details: TBA

EDIT.  Street ride has it.

Meet:  Shell, 26804 Main St, Ardmore, AL 35739

Time:  9:00   Depart 9:15

Lunch will most likely be at the Old Delina Country Stor or Soda Pop Junction.  Expect some narrow and rough country roads mixed in with some nice smooth roads.  Expect both to have a lot of curves.

thinwater

Interested either way

Sweeper

I'll plan on it either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoloRider73

I'm in and good with a DS or Street ride.  I missed last weeks ride due to already planning another ride.  Choices  :'(

buddymc

I'm in if we're streeting it (since that's all I got  at the moment!  I'll try to drag others along if I can!

Where were you guys the 3 years when I had my last TW?  I never heard a peep about DS riding! 

But I think county gravel / wet creek crossings around here are within the ability of my F650cs with street tires so don't be surprised if I show up on a DS ride!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

klaviator

Since there is a slight preference towards a street ride that's what it will be but.........don't expect all nice and smooth pavement.  I may take us down some of those paved "goat trails" in TN.  I will mod the first post with details.  Start time will be a bit later to let the roads dry out a bit.

mojo1

I am going to try to make it up for the ride.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

jrm927

1974 Honda 350 Four
2019 BMW F850GS

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Pepperlady

James called to say he will be there by 9:15.
197? Honda 350four - heirloom work in progress
2008 Suzuki DR200se
2019 Kawasaki z400ABS
2001 Kawasaki KL250G Super Sherpa

klaviator

We ended up with 7 riders today.  Thanks everyone who showed up.

Here's some pics from today.

Unlike the days when we would get a real mix of bikes, we had mostly adventure type bikes today.  That's probably a good thing because even though this was advertised as a street ride, the pavement on some of the roads barely qualified as pavement.

klaviator

Many of the roads were still wet in the morning.

klaviator

I just found this road a couple of days ago.  It really fits the "goat trail" description.

Lunch was at the Old Delina Country Stor.

We found out what happened to the old car that had been sitting out front for years.  It was in the shop getting fixed so they can drive it.

The morning gloom had burned off and the roads were mostly dry now.

SoloRider73

Great ride report @klaviator, it was an enjoyable ride with a great group of riders.  As @thinwater mentioned , if I keep riding with you guys I may need to change my screen name from @SoloRider73 to maybe @SimiSolorider73 or @mostlygrouprider73  ;D. I like that everyone rides fast but safe.  I rode some group rides early in my motorcycling career that were near disasters which caused me to ride alone for many years.

Nice Goat

I needed a good long ride, and Win's ride was just what the doctor ordered.  I put 270 miles on the AT and arrived home tired, sweaty, and grinning ear-to-ear. :D

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."