News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Searching for Goat Trails

Started by klaviator, September 02, 2020, 06:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I had fun riding some goat trails with the group on Saturday so I decided to go out today, go exploring and find some more.

I got on the road around 8 and jumped on the interstate to bypass all the city traffic getting to Tennessee. I got off and it wasn't long before I was on some paved goat trails. Despite being in the boonies and some crappy pavement there are some nice houses in the area. This one has quite the view.

Typical road for this area. Around 1.5 lanes wide and no paint.

Lots of creeks and bridges in the area.

klaviator

Someone built their own personal covered bridge.

This is only one lane wide. If a Pickup is coming the other way it has to drive partly in the grass. If it's a car.......well there are no stinking cars around here, everyone drives a pickup ;)

klaviator

Ebenezer Hollow Road is on of my favorite goat trails. The pavement is much worse than this in many places.

Entrance to some sort of underground structure?

Deer.

Nice Goat

I really enjoyed those roads last weekend!  Glad you are looking for more!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Although much of my ride was wandering around with only a vague plan, there was one road I had planned to check out. Old Lake road looked like it would be fun on the map. It started out with some new construction and I was afraid I had wasted my time.

It got better.

And then turned into a first class goat trail!

This road took me to another road that wasn't all that spectacular but did have a cool name: Rambo Hollow!

klaviator

After Rambo Hollow I briefly got on a four lane to cross I-65 and get to an area I wanted to explore some more. 

Knobbies? I don't got no Knobbies. I don't neeeed no stinking knobbies.

Well, at least not for this. 8)

This road was rutted and rough in spots. I could easily run it at speed on the KLX. On the Versys I just slowed down. It was still fun.

Too soon I was back on pavement.

Some ramdom pics.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on September 03, 2020, 11:18:18 AM
Looks like some fun roads!

They were.  This is the kind of stuff we will be riding on Satuurday.  Come on up!

klaviator

I took a pic of my KLX in this same spot last week but this time I knew where I was.

I was riding along, saw something out of the corner of my eye, slowed down and got my camera ready...

This is one reason I don't use my phone to take pics. I would never have got that pic with a phone.

I continued on to Lynneville. It was after noon and I was getting hungry. I wanted to see if there was another option for lunch other than Soda Pop Junction so I wandered around town.

No lunch here.

Or here.

I ended up eating at Soda Pop junction. I had a BLT. It wasn't nearly as good as the ones I had Moore's Country Store on recent rides.

Fencejumper09

Quote from: klaviator on September 03, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
They were.  This is the kind of stuff we will be riding on Satuurday.  Come on up!

I am tentatively selling a bike Saturday morning. If that falls through maybe!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

After lunch I found some more new roads.

This place caught my eye.

This area was way out in the sticks but seemed much more manicured than the typical farmland normally found here. It was more like upscale ranch land.

klaviator

In search of more goat trails.

This one looked like it had potential. As I was stopped getting a pic of the road sign an ATV went by me and down the road.

I gave chase.

He soon turned off.

I eventually got back on a main road.

klaviator

I was now back on roads I had been on before. I'm sure I've been at this spot while following @thinwater around.

Another spot I have ridden by but this time I stopped and took some pics.

Crossing over I-65. There was no traffic on this road so stopping for this pic was no problem.

I managed to get myself lost a few times before finding my way to Elkton where I picked up 31 South.

I stopped to get some more bridge pics where 31 crosses the Elk river.

The old bridge is closed to traffic but open to pedestrians.

buddymc

Next wandering week day ride hollerat me and between the 2 of us we can show each other some hidden jewels.  Find Carl Fox off of Jett for an example.  True goat path.  No knobbies needed.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

klaviator

Quote from: buddymc on September 10, 2020, 07:21:01 PM
Next wandering week day ride hollerat me and between the 2 of us we can show each other some hidden jewels.  Find Carl Fox off of Jett for an example.  True goat path.  No knobbies needed.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Sounds good.  I may head out again on Wednesday if the weather forecast stays good.