Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

N. Alabama/TN street ride Sat 10-3-20

Started by klaviator, September 28, 2020, 09:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

We took a break in Huntland.

One rider peeled off after this break.  The rest of us headed to Lynchburg.

Lynchburg had a decent crowd but we had no problem finding a place to park on the square.

Bright enough for ya??

klaviator

After Lynchburg we took the scenic route to Delina.

klaviator

The food and service were great as usual.  Only Mojo 1 and I had been here before. 

After lunch more riders split off with three of us riding some more nice roads to Ardmore.

We got to Ardmore a bit before 3 and then talked a bit before heading home

klaviator

Thanks everyone for showing up for the ride.  It was great seeing some old friends as well as meeting a couple of new members.  Hope to see Ya'll on another ride soon.

Madmanmike

Nice ride, thanks for having me. But I definitely have the wrong bike for your group. I'd like to ride more with you guys again when I decide on and get something I can ride with a bit more spirit.

Thanks again,
Michael

klaviator

Quote from: Madmanmike on October 04, 2020, 07:46:38 AM
Nice ride, thanks for having me. But I definitely have the wrong bike for your group. I'd like to ride more with you guys again when I decide on and get something I can ride with a bit more spirit.

Thanks again,
Michael

There isn't really a "wrong" bike for our group.  You should see the variety of bikes we have had on some of our rides in the past.  I remember one ride where we had around 30 bikes.  We had everything from a couple of 150cc scooters to Harleys to sport bikes to dual sport bikes.

Some pics from that ride:

That's one of the things that makes this forum different.  We like all kinds of bikes.

Madmanmike

I am not arguing your group acceptance at all. I surely felt welcome. I just don't like bringing up the rear...

Michael

jrobinson

Just about every ride I've been on that I wasn't leading, I've brought up the rear. lol  A 1000 pound touring bike with me on it, isn't going to be very fast. Add 2 up riding and I try to be more careful/slower.

I thought you did great. We had riders that were a lot slower on some rides and I've never heard anyone complain about waiting at the turns.

klaviator

Quote from: Madmanmike on October 05, 2020, 10:28:26 AM
I am not arguing your group acceptance at all. I surely felt welcome. I just don't like bringing up the rear...

Michael

I get that.  While I ride faster than average on the street, in the dirt I tend to be one of the slower riders.  I'd rather be one of the fast guys but one of my favorite sayings is:  "A man has to know his limitations". 

You may very well enjoy our rides more with a bike more suited for the roads but don't feel like you have to wait until you get another bike to come riding with us. 

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: Madmanmike on October 05, 2020, 10:28:26 AM

Michael

Even if I were on my Moto Guzzi, I wouldn't have ridden any faster.  I was running 15 over except for the real tight stuff, and that is my limit.  I don't want to know what speeds the fast group were running!  LOL!
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on October 05, 2020, 06:59:23 PM
Even if I were on my Moto Guzzi, I wouldn't have ridden any faster.  I was running 15 over except for the real tight stuff, and that is my limit.  I don't want to know what speeds the fast group were running!  LOL!

I don't think I got over 60 or so except a couple times when passing cars.  I just didn't slow down that much for most of the curves.