News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Lack of Ride or Ride report posts

Started by thinwater, October 14, 2020, 07:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

I hope everyone is too busy out riding to be posting on the forum and that is the reason there is a recent lack of ride postings and ride reports. :-X  I'm trying to get back together before the weekend, found a rear wheel bearing going out last week late and have all the bearings and seals in the back rebuilt but it got my brake pads and I didn't notice that when I originally gathered parts.  Hopefully I'll find those in stock at dealer today and get that back together tonight.

klaviator

The weather looks fantastic for the next 10 days.  I would expect plenty of opportunities for riding coming up.  Tellico Plains DS ride as well as street ride coming up in a couple of weekends.  I'll be posting up a ride for this coming Saturday as soon as I figure out what it will be.

thinwater

The bike is like EA Sports, its in the game.

Sweeper

Both of my street bikes are down a left fork seal. >:( Not sure how that happens particularly with the VFR not being ridden in months. I'm waiting on some input from a suspension guru before I buy parts and repair the CB.

Guidedawg

I'm riding my daily commute to work, but since it takes all of 10 minutes or so through a few neighborhoods, I doubt anyone wants to hear about it :)

This will be a great weekend for riding so perhaps we'll have something to read early next week.  I know I enjoy living vicariously through others and reading the reports (it doesn't have to be award winning, just give a few details or the experience and a pic or two) since it is often roads out of my immediate area.

thinwater

Quote from: Sweeper on October 15, 2020, 09:04:59 AM
Both of my street bikes are down a left fork seal. >:( Not sure how that happens particularly with the VFR not being ridden in months. I'm waiting on some input from a suspension guru before I buy parts and repair the CB.
CRF has had the same one go bad twice since we've had it, visibly split the last time.  Shock Socks installed during last fix and I think that will cure it permanently if you didn't know they existed.  On inverted forks I think they are a dualsport necessity at this point.

Sweeper

Thanks, I'll look them up. The CRF is my only rideable right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarissalesman

I know I need to do better than what I have done. It's been a crazy year all around.  I've had my Super Tenere just a little over a year and already have 19k miles on it...Gotta love it...
"keep the rubber side down"

TN_twowheeladdict

It is hard for me to post ride reports here since the site doesn't support inline photos. 
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

Madmanmike

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on November 05, 2020, 08:31:16 AM
It is hard for me to post ride reports here since the site doesn't support inline photos.

Totally agree with that. The days of host pic posting sites are gone for me. If I can't upload directly I just skip posting.

klaviator

I'm active on four forums.  Only one, ADV, allows for direct posting of pics.  Even ADV didn't used to allow it so I have gotten used to using a photo hosting site.  I started with Photobucket 12 years ago then switched to SmugMug when Photobucket screwed everyone.  Since I post more pics than most people a photo hosting site makes sense for me.  Even when i post pics on ADV I normally use SmugMug.  I rarely take pics with my phone but when I do I post the pics directly on to ADV.  It is a PITA to post phone pics here but I can link directly from ADV to here.

ADV does have far superior forum software and servers to host the pics but that costs $$$. 

I think that most of the people on this forum are here for the rides not the ride reports. 

KevinB

The Tapatalk app allows for attaching photos to posts directly without having to host elsewhere.

jrobinson

Bama_Rider

You can also post photos from Google photos with an app that converts the google link to a direct link.