News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

T-7 Tenere

Started by norton73, October 27, 2020, 08:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

Quote from: jrobinson on November 12, 2020, 08:10:26 PM
Soooo.....you can bang the skid plate off of logs and rocks, but you can't jack the bike up using same skid plate??    What am I missing, help me out here. lol

after looking at how the side rails are bolted to the cast footpeg mounts, I have the same concerns.

Watch the video and you can see the cast parts sticking forward, they don't look that strong to me either. I'm wondering if anyone has actually broken one yet? The bike has been out in Europe for over a year, and I haven't read anything about it. I'd figure if it was an issue, someone would be offering a kit to reinforce it.

Some of the early BMW R1100 and 1150gS's had an issue with the footpeg/swingarm/transmission cast mounts breaking on bikes ridden hard offroad. Several companies offered fixes.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

SoloRider73

I go through the center stand conundrum on my bikes until oil change time then I usually get a center stand.

I don't ride hard enough off road for the skid plate attachment to concern me.  But for those that log hop etc, it could be a concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

norton73

I've got a couple PitBull stands knocking around, I can use one for oil changes.

I'm not planning on banging singletrack on this bike, I want to do rides such as the SM500 or a BDR and then be able to ride pavement to or back.

mattm

I just joined this group and found this thread. I was lucky and got mine back in June.

I'd like to know what you think about the spring. I'm looking to do the same upgrade (if my luggage racks ever come in). Is that a Racetec spring?

norton73

No, it's a Rally Raid Spring;

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/rally-raid-products-shock-spring-p?v=17504

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to ride more than around the block with it. Hoping to ride some this weekend.

kdtrull

Anyone that wants to try before you buy, you can rent one for $175 for 8 hours at Little River Canyon.

https://littleriver.us/

Merkur Man

Thanks for the heads up about the T7 rental. I just sent them an e-mail requesting more information.
I too have not seen one in person. The salesman at the local dealer here in Oxford, is not even aware this bike exists!
Trying one out before spending the money on a new one would be nice.

gulfcoaster

Quote from: kdtrull on November 19, 2020, 09:15:48 AM
Anyone that wants to try before you buy, you can rent one for $175 for 8 hours at Little River Canyon.

https://littleriver.us/

Just saw this on a local thread down here on ADV.  Was about to cross post over here.  Glad I checked before I 205'd you ;D

Worth the $$ IMO.  I might buy either a 790/890 or a T7 next year.  And this would be a great way to rule out or justify the T7.  Got to sit on, but not test ride, a 790 at Barber's last year.  The cockpit and static weight felt amazing.  But I do like the T7, just want to see how the weight feels.

TN_twowheeladdict

My neighbor is on the list for a T7.  Hopefully I will get a ride on it after he gets it and sorts it.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

norton73

When I bought my Tenere, the PO had a tall MRA windshield on it. He was taller than me. I'm not a fan looking through a windshield, I prefer to look over it. He shipped the stock one to me, so I have the tall one for sale;

SOLD

Al Goodwin

Quote from: norton73 on December 03, 2020, 08:21:07 PM
When I bought my Tenere.

OK....it's been a while....give us an update, good and bad(if there is any).

norton73

Quote from: Al Goodwin on December 12, 2020, 05:59:55 PM
OK....it's been a while....give us an update, good and bad(if there is any).

Unfortunately, between work(sux), weather, and my joints paying the price for all my youthful and not so youthful indiscretions, I've barely been able to ride it since I installed the rear spring. Still haven't gotten it dirty yet.
A Synvisc shot and my knee is feeling better, hoping to sneak out some this afternoon.

norton73

Lynn and I rode over to Cheaha and around a bunch of backroads near Talladega this afternoon.  I was looking for bumpy rough roads to play some with the suspension adjustments.

norton73

Ouch!

Moto Guzzi