News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

ramblings...

Started by polarissalesman, December 23, 2020, 08:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

This was written and shared on a FB page I have NW Alabama Bikers

Several years ago there was a forum, bamarides, I met a LOT of great people that LOVED to ride as I do. I went on a lot of rides with members from this forum and still do when time permits. When we'd show up for a ride there would be HD, Kawasakis, Yamaha, dual sport bikes, street bikes, scooters. you never knew who or what would show up and everyone was ALWAYS welcomed. I learned a lot about hosting rides and about riding through these rides. BUT the biggest lesson was the perception I had about the type of bikes. It doesn't matter WHAT a person rides, some ride a bike because it was something they could afford, some ride it because they love a particular bike or brand. IT does NOT matter what you ride, it matters that you DO. Take the cover photo, That is Win Knudsen scooter, Win can and has ridden all kinds of bikes and has several bikes. IF you ever want to get humiliated and think you are a good rider, go with Win and try to keep up with him on his scooter and you on a bagger riding twisties. I know first hand, he will wear you out, lol or at least he did me and he wasn't trying to. Win changed my perception of bikes. It's not the bike, it's the rider that makes what we do special. Without you and I, a bike is just a big chunk of steel, art at best. But with you on it riding it's a time machine, and what memories are made of. May God Bless and keep the shiny side up.... this is the picture I was refering to   
"keep the rubber side down"

Chuck & Susan

VERY, Very well stated....

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066