News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to Snake Branch

Started by Jwwr, October 18, 2015, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwwr

Just a quick trip to ride Snake Branch Road in Lamar County. It's not really much of a destination, but I was wanting to ride somewhere and it had been a while since I had rode in this area.

Lets begin here off 118 just outside of Guin. I like this road. It has mud holes and a water crossing.

When you come to a fork in the road. Take it!

You have chosen wisely! Back on Gravel!

Making my way toward Sulligent. I take Boy Scout lake road. It's just a loop, but it's a nice loop. Never did see a lake. 

Jwwr

Rode mostly gravel from Sulligent to Vernon. Pearl Harbor Road was one of the Roads. Poked around some dead ends and old roads.

Took Hells Creek Road to Snake Branch.

I knew there were some water crossings. I didn't remember them being bad, plus It's been dry lately. Still on the high ground.

The first big water crossing. Looks like four wheelers have been taking the path to the right. I can't tell how deep this is in the middle. End up walking the bike across on the right side.

An easy to get around mud hole and thank you for the bridge!

There are some four wheeler trails that look tempting!

The last water crossing.

This is a flowing creek. I hope its not deep!

Made it to the other side!

Till next time Snake Branch!

Nice Goat

You rode that 250 from Priceville to Guin?  You can't do that!  :D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Great looking day ride!  WTG! 

lazeebum

Guidedawg

You just don't go to places called Hell's Creek and Snake Branch without some sense of adventure. It looks like a great day.

klaviator

Looks like some fun riding.  How did you find this road so far from home?

Jwwr

I grew up in nearby Winfield. I was down there this past weekend visiting. I found out about the road from a post on Adv Rider from some Mississippi guys who were riding in Alabama.

Argh Oh

Nice. It's always fun to see roads I don't get to ride on!