News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2021 Jan 17 "Heat of the Day"

Started by thinwater, January 14, 2021, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinwater

I'm a little cabined fever with a new; winter windshield, blizzard handguards over old heated grips, a newly shortened side stand, and too long without riding.  Other than fence row checking on the wifes DR200. 

I have limited time 2hours to 3 at most Sunday afternoon but I think I'll try to putter around bundled up.  Its too windy lately to enjoy but if the forecast is right, Sunday will be cool but the wind will finally be tamped down.  The "heat of the day" around 1:30pm to maybe as far as 4pm I might just have to get out.  If anyone else can't stand it anymore I could meet you in Elkmont at the Caboose downtown.  I wouldn't travel a long distance to get in on this, just a sanity ride, light dualsport possible, no water crossing that would get feet wet if traveled at correct speed, maybe no water crossing at all.  Maybe no dirt ??? ::)  Just a sanity ride. :-X

Solas

Hey Thinwater if I can get away I might meet up with you it is going to be cold!!

El Vulch

Just pulled out the heated gear yesterday. I'm ready and will check in first thing tomorrow morning.

thinwater

I believe it is going to be cold, but I'll see how long I can make it till I freeze out.  There is a gas station downtown Elkmont but it is cash only (heads up!).  I'll lay out the non-heated warmer gear, and wear the full winter suit on top with liner.  No shame in tapping out early if the cold has made its way in on you.  No hard plan, just try to work in some elevated view points while the leaves are off, curves. 
  Saw a guy on an old late 70's early 80's Suzuki 4cyl this afternoon with the wind jammer front fairing. 

thinwater

48 Degrees, a Heatwave of late.  It should be fine dressed accordingly.  See you at the Caboose downtown.  There is plenty of parking room to haul or trailer a bike and left vehicle should be fine.  Just FYI

klaviator

I might show up.  I'll decide after church.  What time are you going to be there?

jrm927

Count me in assuming it's still on!
1974 Honda 350 Four
2019 BMW F850GS

El Vulch

I believe the meeting time is 1:30pm.

El Vulch

I'll have to sit this one out. Screwed up my knee on the trials bike in the back yard a few minutes ago.

thinwater

Dang it!  Hope you have a quick healing.  1:30 is the meet time. 

Solas

Great ride thanks for the welcome!

klaviator

Stephen, thanks for setting this up, it was good getting out for a ride and I probably wouldn't have gone on my own.

Allen, it was good meeting you and I hope to see you on more rides.  You did real good for one month of riding experience.

Pics and ride report are here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/full-throttle-touring-150-through-the-rocket-city.647784/page-214#post-41637772