News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Little River Adventure Company

Started by Gam, January 25, 2021, 08:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Y'all may already be aware of this...I'm usually the last know things. But this guy has opened a campground and motorcycle rental at Little River.  David Haynes went over to check it out. He has a T700 to rent, I think a couple of XT 250's. He's supposed to have more T700's in April. It's one of those Yamaha Destination Places. Here's link:

https://www.littleriver.us/ 

Solas

Seems like a good guy we have some mutual friends.

Merkur Man

I will be meeting him this Friday. I have scheduled a ride on the Tenere. Its going to be a bit cold up on the mountain, so I'll need to break out the winter riding gear. Anxious to try out this new bike.
Was hoping that Yamaha would have some for demo rides at Barbers last October, but as we all know, that was cancelled.

norton73

Quote from: Merkur Man on January 27, 2021, 06:48:16 PM
I will be meeting him this Friday. I have scheduled a ride on the Tenere. Its going to be a bit cold up on the mountain, so I'll need to break out the winter riding gear. Anxious to try out this new bike.
Was hoping that Yamaha would have some for demo rides at Barbers last October, but as we all know, that was cancelled.

Better hope your credit or savings account are good. You're gonna want one after you ride it.

:D

Loose nut holding the handlebars

2372ighost

Looks like a nice weekend hang out.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

norton73

Quote from: Merkur Man on January 27, 2021, 06:48:16 PM

What did you think of the T7 ?

LawnmowerRG

Tell us more. Tell us more. We need to know about that T7.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Merkur Man

I do not think that I will get one.

I put just a little over 100 miles on it, and it was OK. It was a bit cold up on the mountain that day, like 40ish, but super sunny out so not too bad.
Right outta the gate, not even 50 yards after leaving the place, that darn right side clutch cover/ lever bracket thing was touching my leg. It was very noticeable and bothered me that whole time. If I rode standing, it was not an issue. Maybe if that protective bracket were removed it would give about 1/2 more room. I have a 34" inseam and was not even wearing my thick riding boots. Just some insulated work boots.
Took it out on the Interstate (I-59) and got up to 95 to see how it handled around some big trucks. It was no problem passing or riding behind them. The bike was steady and quiet for me.
There is one section on the Canyon drive (if your going all the way down to the park area) where its a longish straight road, that has like big "whoop-de-doos". Kind of looks like your riding along the back of a big sea monster. Up, Down, Up, Down, Up. Its really fun when you crank on the speed through these. The suspension just nearly bottoms out in the bottoms, then gets very lite as you pass over the tops. The bike was very stable going through these - fun, fun fun....
I missed not having a hydraulic clutch.
The roll on power in the upper gears is not very impressive to me. Not like my V-Strom 1000. Yes the Strom has a larger engine, but I think it weighs more that the T7.
I liked how quiet it was, engine and exhaust. All of my bikes have their stock exhausts on them. even my Harley!
I did not take it on any dirt roads. He wanted me too, but I really did not want to get it dirty.
If the dealerships had several of these T7s on the showroom floor, I would be more inclined to get one. They are still hard to find.

On a related not - I stopped at the yamaha dealership in Gasden to inquire about a T7. The salesman said it was going to be the end of February before they could even order one. He told me that their dealership has been bought out by Mountain Motorsports! Looks like they are moving into the Alabama market now.

norton73

The cover on the clutch was already removed on mine when I got it. I suspect it is just there to keep from wearing the finish off the cover. Certainly doesn't do anything useful as far as I can tell.

I prefer the cable clutch, at least for me, there is more feel while working it. I'm gonna increase the CS sprocket by one tooth, from the stock 15T to the MT07's 16T while keeping the stock rear. I'm told it should decrease engine speed by 500 rpm in top gear.

Merkur Man

The gentleman who operates Little River Adventure Company, Giorgio, is a super nice guy. It was a pleasurable experience for me.
If somebody on this site is considering one of these Yamaha T7's, you owe it to yourself to really try one out before buying. Renting one for several hours sure beats sitting on one at the dealership.

LawnmowerRG

Nice bike review. I one of them only one I have seen any criticism on. You know every bike is amazing and perfect and has no faults or design flaws now days. Can't offend anyone or risk loosing advertising dollars to be honest.

Anyway most of the people I have talked to at the shop are pretty happy with the T7 overall.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Gam

I went over to Outdoor Adventure Company today to check it out. He let me take the T700 down the road, I really liked the power delivery, nice and linear, it felt like it would be easy to break it loose  just the right amount on dirt road curves. Didn't do but a couple of miles, but I didn't notice that clutch cover,  I have a 30 inch inseam, had on Sidi Adventure boots, my feet were on the ground past the balls of my feet, the end of the heel almost touching, if I made an effort and stretched my legs I could flat foot it.

norton73

Quote from: 2372ighost on January 29, 2021, 09:25:19 PM
Looks like a nice weekend hang out.

I know where the place is, and have seen a few pics. Haven't stopped by there yet. Might be a good place to have a MA gathering sometime in the future. There's an awful lot of good riding, both on and off road, in the area.

norton73

Quote from: Gam on February 21, 2021, 03:06:29 PM
I went over to Outdoor Adventure Company today to check it out. He let me take the T700 down the road, I really liked the power delivery, nice and linear, it felt like it would be easy to break it loose  just the right amount on dirt road curves. Didn't do but a couple of miles, but I didn't notice that clutch cover,  I have a 30 inch inseam, had on Sidi Adventure boots, my feet were on the ground past the balls of my feet, the end of the heel almost touching, if I made an effort and stretched my legs I could flat foot it.

Replacement for the 790?

Merkur Man

Quote from: norton73 on February 22, 2021, 03:41:44 PM
I know where the place is, and have seen a few pics. Haven't stopped by there yet. Might be a good place to have a MA gathering sometime in the future. There's an awful lot of good riding, both on and off road, in the area.

I think a gathering is doable. He has a campground on site. I will more than likely bike camp there this spring.