News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hammock- warbonnet blackbird 1.1 DL

Started by SpeedyR, October 20, 2015, 05:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

anyone interested in a top level backpacking/camping hammock?

I have a Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Double Layer hammock. I may "upgrade" to the newer XLC system but would need to sell mine first. Retail on them is in the $195 range the way mine is setup (whoopies vs double buckles). 1lb 11oz according to the website. has lightweight bag and everything you need to put it up. no holes or tears or anything. I bought it second hand and have used it probably 10 times. Works great. easy to set up, has side pocket for gear, and two pull outs on bungy cords to keep the bug netting off your face. The double layer is perfect if you are coming from a tent background- you can slide your sleeping pad between the layers and it gives you a nice platform for sleeping, and some extra protection and durability on the bottom if you happen to use it on the ground..

asking $165 shipped or can probably get someone to deliver it to the b'ham area if needed. or meet me at Highland Park this Sunday and do the Hare Scramble races..

you would need a rain fly for the hammock, or just use it as is. I have a Warbonnet Edge rainfly that I could include for another $80 (retail $95, I would just buy another one or maybe a MamaJamba). Edge is 11'x7'10" (fits great over the BB DL).

I"m sure I can get some photos of the hammock in the bag or hanging if you want them. here's one from one of the Copper Penny rides. If you want something lightweight but mainly ultra compact but comfortable, this is the way to go. the Lexus of Hammocks.

specs:   http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/blackbird/

not the greatest picture but you get the idea:

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

I use the same setup except with the double buckles. You won't be disappointed.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC