News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Re-joining the scooter world...

Started by LoupGarou, February 27, 2021, 11:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoupGarou

Thanks, just figured I'd better ask.
I'll probably give the 120/80-16 a shot. Looks like it can go a bit bigger.

klaviator

If it was me I'd also look at going one size bigger in the rear.  That will keep the geometry closer to stock and give you even more cornering clearance.

LoupGarou

Finally got out and rode the word's ugliest scooter a bit today. 
After riding nothing but my Kymco Spade 150 (which I love!) for the last few years, I was amazed at how smooth and refined this felt, even looking the way it does.  :D
All I've done so far has been tires & mechanical maintenance, just to make it ridable.
I have some needed parts on the way, some have proven to be pure unobtainium, most just too expensive to be worthwhile.
I'll tidy up the wiring a bit, (most of the wires you can see here are for the battery tender) cover whatever needs weather protection, fabricate some sort of foot rests and ride her just like she is for a while. I figure if I enjoy the experience as much as it seems I will, I'll give in to that Kymco AK 550 I've been drooling over lately.

klaviator

At least you don't have worry about someone stealing it :D

LoupGarou

Not much chance of that!  :D
Although, I do find myself having to assure business owners that Yes, it runs, and No, I'm not going to abandon it in their parking lot.  ;D

klaviator

I talked to Mathew at Max Motorsports today.  He said they will be getting 2 AK550s but don't have them yet.  There are a number of people on ADV who have bought one and it's getting good reviews from them.

LoupGarou

Hall's Motorsports here in Mobile had a couple in a few weeks ago. Man I gotta stop walking into motorcycle shops like that.  :D
I really liked the look/feel of it.