News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Street ride Saturday March 6th

Started by klaviator, March 04, 2021, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

We did some exploring.

We rode over this bridge and turned around which allowed me to take a pic of everyone.

klaviator

Next we rode CR8

We tried to ride CR17 towards Scottsboro but came to a barricade and road closed to through traffic sign.  I had run Google maps the day befroe to see if 17 was open again it it took me through so I figured it should be open.  We talked about it later.  It didn't actually say "road closed" so maybe we could have gone through?

We took @jrobinson 's suggestion and headed to Kc's BBQ for lunch.

It was a bit chilly but we ate outside and enjoyed the view. 

The food was good.  I'd go back again.  Thanks for the suggestion Johnny!

jrobinson

17 is still closed.

The one lane bridge will take you along the river if you turn right after you cross the bridge. Nice road to ride. turn left at the stop sign and you come out at the Chevron/Hardees at Grant.

KC's has smoked wings that are good. Their ribs will fall off the bone. The marina fire that killed 6 people last year was just off the end of the deck where yall were eating.

Glad yall had a good ride.

klaviator

After lunch four of us went off for some exploring.

We ended up back in Grant.

klaviator

We decided on another loop with Stephen leading this time.

Being in the back gave me some picture taking opportunities.

klaviator

Headed back towards Grant.

After Grant we did some more exploring.

I know this was a street ride but everyone else was on a DS or Adventure bike so:

After that we headed back over Keel mtn and back to Gurley.

Thanks everyone who showed up!  I enjoyed the ride and the company.

Now that I know the area a bit better I think I could put together a better route than the random wandering we did on this ride.  I'll try to set up another ride in this area sometime later this year.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

thinwater

Pepperlady and I had 190 miles garage to garage Saturday.  New tires scuffed in, fingers removed.  The IRC's seemed to be fine, quiet on the straights, sounds like getting on the shoulder of the interstate when leaned.  I expected that with the tread pattern we'll see how they do off pavement now. 

TN_twowheeladdict

Looks like a nice day. You passed by my in-law's place on CR-8. If you recall, when we rode Paint Rock Valley I had to break off to go help them.

Sorry on the confusion with 50 Taters. I was referring to the one in Scottsboro.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

jrobinson

A good friend of mine owns the long chicken house about to loose the roof. There were 2, but one was demolished to put in the solar farm. He went in the machine shop business just on the other side of the house beside the chicken house.

The chicken houses are 500 feet long and each house housed 70,000 chickens. They produced 10,000 dozen eggs a day. I manned the house 5 days a week 26 years ago. I stacked the eggs, repaired equipment, removed the dead chickens and hauled the chicken litter to fields around the mountain. Sandy hated the days I hauled the litter. lol