News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

In search of Buck Snort.

Started by klaviator, March 08, 2021, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

After the Saturday ride Buck Snort Alabama was mentioned.  I decided that with a name like that I had to go there and take a pic.  I figured that Buck Snort must by one of those places like the Rock Zoo, you just haven't lived until you have been there and seen it.

So off I went.  I rode to New Hope and then New Hope HWY and Simpson Point RD towards Buck Snort.  Before I knew it I was in Grant.  How could I have missed Buck Snort???

So I turned around and went back.  I turned down Butler Mill RD.  I took a couple of pics on Butler Mill Rd.

When I got to the bridge over the Paint Rock River I stopped and took some pics.

klaviator

I stopped along the river to take a break, eat a granola bar and check google maps to figure out how to get to Buck Snort.

According to google maps I had ridden right through Buck Snort twice.  So I headed back.  At least Butler Mill Rd is a nice ride.

And then, just like that I was in Buck Snort.  At least I was as best as i could tell.  There was no sign or anything.  I took a pic.

Yeah I know, you're probably thinking how could I have missed this exciting place.....TWICE!!

Well now I've been there.  So I went off searching for some nice water views.

klaviator

I rode around taking water view pics.

Then I headed for home but I must of taken a wrong turn somewhere because I ended up in Maggie Valley ???

Guidedawg

So many wrong turns delaying our returns home.

Congratulations on your expedition to Buck Snort (and no, I've never heard of it); it looks like some fantastic country riding.

N4HHE

With a name like "Buck Snort" you couldn't afford to replace the stolen signs.

klaviator

Quote from: N4HHE on March 10, 2021, 09:10:48 AM
With a name like "Buck Snort" you couldn't afford to replace the stolen signs.

There is a Bucksnort Tennessee and it does have signs.  I may have to take a ride up there and take some pics.  Its about 140 miles from my house.

It might make a good group ride.  Don't be surprised if you see "Bucksnort ride" in the street rides section some time. ;D

This sign may be a bit big to steal.

Merkur Man

I seem to remember riding thru Bucksnort during the Loretta Lynn's dual sport rides. I rode those events 8 times, 1991 - 1998
Think there were only 60-70 entrants in 91. Loretta herself sang for us after the Saturday night supper. But by 98 there were hundreds of riders. I did not go back in 99. Just way to many riders on the trails.

Al Goodwin

This reminds me of the ride Melony and I took looking for Bloody Springs, Mississippi.....

2 houses and 3 dogs sleeping in the road.

lazeebum

Nice write up and pictures.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk