News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State....April 9th-11th

Started by Al Goodwin, March 15, 2021, 04:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Goodwin

It's THAT TIME AGAIN.....Come ride Bankhead National Forest with us.  We'll be at McDougle Camp on Friday, camping out, cooking out, then riding Saturday.

Breakfast served Saturday morning before the ride, lunch at Chef Troy's Talk of the Town in Houston, Alabama.

This ride is "Big bike friendly".  If anyone wants a more challenging ride they could go and ride the Flint Creek trail.

Bikes must be tagged for the dual-sport ride.

It's always a good time.  Bring whatever you'd want to throw on the grill.  Friday and Saturday nights.

More information to follow.

klaviator

klaviator

For those of you who haven't been to one of these and wondering what it's all about, here's the ride report from the last one: http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3480.0

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Chuck & Susan

Susan and I are planning to ride to Key West that week(still working on the details). But that could be a plan B if things fall through.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Sweeper

I'll put it in my schedule right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

I'll be there! Waa trying to decide between WR426 and DL1000 (I am putting k60 scout tires on it) but I think I'll stick with the WR because I want to go be a hooligan on the Flint Creek trail.

I'm looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

klaviator

I was out riding around Bankhead on Saturday.  I rode past Flint Creek.  The gate to the parking lot was closed and there were a couple of trucks with trailers full of ATVs sitting there. 

I also rode past Brushy Creek campground.  It looked like it was full and the day use parking area next to it had a bunch of vehicles parked there. 

TWJohn

Quote from: klaviator on March 15, 2021, 11:15:27 AM
I was out riding around Bankhead on Saturday.  I rode past Flint Creek.  The gate to the parking lot was closed and there were a couple of trucks with trailers full of ATVs sitting there. 

I also rode past Brushy Creek campground.  It looked like it was full and the day use parking area next to it had a bunch of vehicles parked there.

I just checked the website and Flint Creek is supposed to be open.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

TFancher

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: TWJohn on March 15, 2021, 11:40:30 AM
I just checked the website and Flint Creek is supposed to be open.

I called ranger station a week or so ago and Flint was closed due to snow storm tree damage
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

Quote from: Johnny Tobyone on March 17, 2021, 10:34:10 AM
I called ranger station a week or so ago and Flint was closed due to snow storm tree damage

That makes sense.  I went down one forest road that must have had close to a dozen trees down.  That's just the ones they left because they were high enough to go under.

They have probably had their hands full clearing trees.  The storms this week will bring down even more trees.

TWJohn

This is coming up quick. A friend might come join in on his bike.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Merkur Man

SO, how is this McDougle camp for tent camping? The USFS web site shows that its a primitive hunting camp. Is there some level ground that would be suitable for a tent?
If the weather is good for that weekend, I should be able to make it. I really do not like sleeping in a tent, when its wet and muddy out.