News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

March Moto Madness 2021

Started by Al Goodwin, October 29, 2020, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

I'll wait until Thursday morning to decide.  This cold I've had over a week is slowly getting better but I don't have much energy so I doubt I'll make it.

Make up weekend?

I could probably make it the following weekend but that is Easter weekend.  The weekend after that is Dualsporting the Freestate. 

I would consider a few days during the week sometime if some of you would be interested in that.  Or maybe sometime in May. 

I also expect to be going to Tellico for the Monkees and Minis event 6-8 May.

thinwater

Quote from: Al Goodwin on March 24, 2021, 04:33:07 AM
Yeah, the weather is going to be terrible, but Melony and I are headed that way Thursday.

We'll be trailering our bike up, since Thursday seems to be the worst o the weather.  Maybe we can get some riding in on Friday or Saturday....

I'm a bit disappointed in myself, trailering a bike....geez Louise....am I getting old, or smarter??
Rainmaker Tour continued.......

thinwater

Quote from: klaviator on March 24, 2021, 06:31:02 AM
I'll wait until Thursday morning to decide.  This cold I've had over a week is slowly getting better but I don't have much energy so I doubt I'll make it.

Make up weekend?

I could probably make it the following weekend but that is Easter weekend.  The weekend after that is Dualsporting the Freestate. 

I would consider a few days during the week sometime if some of you would be interested in that.  Or maybe sometime in May. 

I also expect to be going to Tellico for the Monkees and Minis event 6-8 May.
Retirement must be great......So many options.

klaviator

I'm out.  I'm still sick and I wouldn't be up for a weekend of camping and riding even if the weather forecast was better, which it isn't.

thinwater

klaviator

So, did anyone go?  It looks like there might have been some dry weather to ride in.  I'm still not completely over my cold so I'm glad I didn't go.   

Mulley

Quote from: klaviator on March 29, 2021, 11:11:17 AM
So, did anyone go?  It looks like there might have been some dry weather to ride in.  I'm still not completely over my cold so I'm glad I didn't go.

I went. Not for MMM but I stayed at a friend of a friend's house in Tellico Plains Wed evening through Sunday morning.

We rode Thursday early before the storms. Got wet but had a great time. Around 75 miles and was back by noon.

Friday was perfect for "hard" dualsporting. We did some great stuff that requires local knowledge as well as some well known dirt/gravel and back roads. Around 160 miles worth, even stopped in Andrews, NC to change some busted wheel bearings. We got real lucky that Carquest stocks KTM bearings.

Saturday we almost threw in the towel but after breakfast decided to ride in the rain anyway. Got in 90 miles worth of mostly easy stuff and trail 82.

There were very few motorcycles in town. No other motorcyclists at restaurants for dinner. It was all very strange but I had a blast.

I didn't take a single picture. I stole these from Facebook.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Al Goodwin

Melony and I trailered our bike up Thursday, through all the storms. 

We had a great day riding Friday, a bit over 300 miles, we stuck to the paved roads this time. 

Saturday morning brought more all day long rain.,..so, we slept in, and just hang out at the campground.  Several there did head out riding Saturday, needless to say they all got SOAKED.

We had planned on staying in Suches Sunday night, but, once again, rain Sunday morning so we decided to just come on home.