News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Best Motorcycle Lift Tables

Started by jrobinson, March 15, 2021, 08:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

After fighting the job of replacing my rear tire last week, I've decided to buy a motorcycle lift table. With space in the garage and tired of my fat rear crawling around on the floor, I think it will be worth the money I'll spend. What do you recommend in the 800-1500 dollar range?  What are the must have features?

I've looked at Bendpak, Titan, Black Widow, along with a few others. 

klaviator

I got a cheap lift from Harbor Freight.  I think it was around $300-$400.  It's nothing fancy but it lifts the bike.

jrobinson

Quote from: klaviator on March 15, 2021, 08:42:52 AM
I got a cheap lift from Harbor Freight.  I think it was around $300-$400.  It's nothing fancy but it lifts the bike.

I know they will handle a 850 lbs bike, I think I'll be better served with something a little more heavy duty. A HF lift isn't out of the running though.

Chuck A.

I have the HF. It would lift the Nomad 1500 but I have to put a floor jack under the front for my Voyager 1700 to help get it started off the ground. My bike is 900 lbs before fuel and oils. I need a heavier lift myself.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

LawnmowerRG

I have a HF lift in my basement and have lifted my BMW at 550 lbs. the lift in not Physically heavy and will slide forward when loading it. It does lift the bike fine. The wheel chock is crap so you will probably change that (so added expense).

We have K&L lifts at the shop. Super nice one with double drop outs, wings and extra ramps so you can ride the bike on it. They are electric over hydraulic and auto locking when you raise them.
The double drops make it so you can drop both tires with out removing the fenders.
The table also lifts to 40 in. (I think) so that makes it easier to get to the bottom of the bike.
These lifts are $3000. So over kill for a garage.

What I would recommend is an pneumatic with an extension ramp and rear drop out.
Get one with a clamp chock with a removable bar at the front.
I think these are about $1200. We have one at the shop.
I will get a couple of pictures when I get there.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

LawnmowerRG

Here is what I would recommend for a garage. This lift has had Harleys and gold wings on it. This is an XR 650l.

All the way down.

All the way up. About 32in.

Lowest locked position. About 25in.

The wheel chock. I don't know why it's sideways.

Removable bar on the wheel chock.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

jrobinson

Finally found a lift close by and affordable. Doesn't have drop out for rear wheel, but I think it will work for me.

Sent from somewhere  on the road, I hope.