Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2021 16th(almost)Annual Barber Vintage Fest - 411

Started by Chitza, October 07, 2021, 07:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

klaviator

More swap meet pics.

This cutaway BMW had a hand crank and you could see all the parts moving.

Chitza

Wow, folks. The people of this forum continue to amaze me with their will power, endurance and commitment to motorcycling. Even when attendance is down at this event, our crew continue to work and make it happen for us! Our profits waiver very little no matter what happens at the event in general. The parts and gear you donate allow us to provide a hospitality tent for our members who attend. Folks come in to rest, refresh and talk all things Moto. We had a blast this year, just like every other year.

If you get a chance to pat some backs, these are the people who made it happen:
@LawnmowerRG - trailer man, landscape extraordinaire(providing pine straw to mitigate the mud)
@maydaymike - solid as a rock, never in a bad mood and made sure my coffee was ready every morning(easily saving many lives); and also for bringing his lovely wife who pitched right in to work and fit our team nicely
@Chuck & Susan - the Chuck half of that duo(Susan had to work) - long distance traveler, wouldn't let me lift a finger to do anything, keeping things moving along all weekend
@IceCold4x4 - chef and entertainment wizard, kept us happy and fed with awesomeness all weekend!!
@KrisCook - by far the best salesperson we had on the floor! No one passed without her luring them in to look. I'm certain many folks are explaining to their others halves why they came home with one odd thing or another...
@Buzz - for providing solar to power our debauchery

And certainly to all of you who donated parts and to those who stopped by to see us. You are why we do it all. Many thanks.

Start making your plans for next year. We want to see you all!

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

I forgot to mention @Fencejumper09 for donating a full set of 1985 Goldwing plastics that provided the crew with endless opportunities to rib @Chuck & Susan. For those who remember, they have become our set of race plastics  :D

And yes...they are still on the trailer for another year of entertainment.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

There were so many cool bikes to look at!

I would have loved to have had one of these as a kid.

Rich and Steve carrying the custom KLX250 seats they had scored.

Fencejumper09

Glad I could be there in spirit!!

This year just didn't quite work out with previous engagements, house work and a sick child on Sunday!

I hate I missed seeing the MCAL family
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Chuck & Susan

@Fencejumper09 Your name was cursed / mentioned a few times by me all weekend. Especially loading and unloading 85 Goldwing parts. I thought I was rid of that bike years ago.... Hope to see ya there next year!!

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

Chuck & Susan

I am not known for taking pictures, but here's a few I did take.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

LawnmowerRG

Don't forget Buzz sacrificing himself to keep mud off everything 😗

Evidently the trailer tow guy can't help being a redneck.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

KrisCook

I had the best time EVER.  Thank you guys for being the coolest kids in the world.
I don't have time to put all my pics up tonight, but I'll keep posting until I get them all up.
This is a test of whether I can manage to put something up on You Tube and embed it and have people be able to watch it here.
Only problem is, it supposedly goes public after midnight tonight.  So don't read this until tomorrow.  LOL

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Al Goodwin

This makes 4 years in a row I've been out of town on this weekend.  UNACCEPTABLE

It won't happen again, we've moved our annual ride back 2 weeks into September.... we'll be here next year.

TFancher

Quote from: Al Goodwin on October 21, 2021, 08:39:51 AM
This makes 4 years in a row I've been out of town on this weekend.  UNACCEPTABLE

It won't happen again, we've moved our annual ride back 2 weeks into September.... we'll be here next year.
Same here. I told the guys that if the plan was to be gone next year, count me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Al Goodwin

Al Goodwin