Jim Oliver's Smokehouse in Monteagle, TN Destroyed...

Started by KevinB, April 27, 2021, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

I know we've had several rides that have stopped at the Smokehouse for lunch, and it's always been a favorite of mine.

Just saw a link to an article that said it was destroyed by a fire this afternoon.  :(

https://www.heraldchronicle.com/news/local/jim-olivers-smokehouse-engulfed-in-flames/article_56bcac9a-a7a2-11eb-b284-5375a8fef208.html?fbclid=IwAR01iC0JQd5eKscNeDpKydPRHVYycwJ9xk5DEqF2ddhKS-jAlLNV7MhgFIY#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Chuck & Susan

Susan and I where on one of those rides and after eating too much spent a few mins sitting on the porch before we all rode back. That's sad to see, The nostalgia of that place can't ever be replaced. Hope they do build back again.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

N4HHE

Checking GPS tracklogs I was last there in 2018. Was the only reason I have ridden to Monteagle.

LawnmowerRG

I hate to see a place like that go. I hope they are able to rebuild and recover.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Chuck A.

Been a couple of years for me too. Was planning on riding up soon. Still have a discount card in my wallet the owner gave me at my first meal there.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

TN_twowheeladdict

Dam.  I always stop in for some spicy peach or raspberry BBQ sauce when I am in the area. 

There is a great Italian restaurant a little east of there.  Papa Ron's Italian Steakhouse.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

SoloRider73

I rode by Jim Oliver's Smokehouse today heading to my Mom's house.  I think you could call it a total loss.

Al Goodwin

Absolutely terrible.  Melony and I have stayed there several times, good food, inexpensive to stay, and free entertainment on weekends.