Dual sport/adventure ride Saturday May 1st.

Started by klaviator, April 28, 2021, 09:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

Dual Sport/Adventure ride Saturday May 1st. Meet at the Shell Station in Ardmore around 9:15. We will depart at 9:30. The weather forecast looks great. We will be riding curvy back roads, paved goat trails and of course some dirt. Nothing real difficult so any DS or adventure bike will be fine.

mojo1

I plan on coming. Should be there about 9.  :)
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

SoloRider73

I plan to be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TN_twowheeladdict

I'm only in town for the weekend so I'll have to see what might already be planned for me.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

klaviator

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on April 29, 2021, 11:17:22 PM
I'm only in town for the weekend so I'll have to see what might already be planned for me.

If you can't make it maybe you can stop by the Shell station and say hi in the morning.  If you ride your Himalayan we might have 3 of them there which would make for a nice picture.

thinwater

Quote from: TN_twowheeladdict on April 29, 2021, 11:17:22 PM
Need an unlike button for this.

mixfixdave

What general direction are you headed from Ardmore in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

Quote from: mixfixdave on April 30, 2021, 04:09:53 PM
What general direction are you headed from Ardmore in the morning?

North.  We will end up passing close to Lewisburg then going west and lunch will most likely be the Hwy31 BBQ in Lynnville. 

mixfixdave

10-4
I may head that way from Murfreesboro at 7am and join you guys.  Need to put some miles on the new knobby and @klaviator knows all the back roads!  Looking forward to a great ride.
I have to peel off and meet up with hot-rodders for a car show in Shelbyville at 1:30pm.  Hoodlum Alley car show if anyone is interested.  Oldies, hot rods, motorcycles, food etc...on N Jefferson St near/behind the Kroger.

klaviator

Quote from: mixfixdave on April 30, 2021, 07:26:18 PM
10-4
I may head that way from Murfreesboro at 7am and join you guys.  Need to put some miles on the new knobby and @klaviator knows all the back roads!  Looking forward to a great ride.
I have to peel off and meet up with hot-rodders for a car show in Shelbyville at 1:30pm.  Hoodlum Alley car show if anyone is interested.  Oldies, hot rods, motorcycles...on N Jefferson St near the Kroger.

We will probably take a break at the BP on 373 just east of I-65.  That might be a good place to break off and head to Shelbyville.  We will have done some great roads at that point.

mixfixdave

Awesome, I am in!

klaviator

Thanks everyone for coming out for this ride.  We had a total of 10 riders today.  The long distance award goes to Mojo1 who rode 130 miles each way to come to this ride.  It was a fantastic day to go riding with nearly perfect weather.  We rode right around 140 miles from the meeting point back to the meeting point.

I took a bunch of pics which I'm still sorting through.

mojo1

Had a great time on the ride. Fun roads. I ended up with about 200 miles just on trip home taking the scenic route. I left the house at 6 A.M. and got home at 9 P.M.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

We had 11 riders at the Shell station but Natallee wouldn't be going on the ride.

We had 4 "cheap China Bikes".  They were all different brands but all used a 230cc Honda clone engine.  There were two Himalayans, my KLX and three big bikes.