News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

FNG in Madison

Started by Madmanmike, September 23, 2020, 06:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmanmike

Hi guys,

Name's Michael. 59, Navy veteran, sub sailor. Retired, caretaker for my mom.

Been riding since I was 8, Tecumseh 3.5hp minibike. Currently riding a 2006 Fatboy CVO, bought her in May with only 2350 miles on the clock.

I recently joined HOG, thought I'd give it a try. Mostly interested in finding some riding buddies. Not that crazy about big group rides, but 3 to 5 bikes is fun. Lunch runs. Day trips. Wherever/whatever. I try to ride a little every day, weather permitting.

I'll post more later, but let's see if this gets any traction.

Thinks, looking forward to hearing from you,
Michael

jrobinson

Welcome from the east side of Huntsville.

We have riders on every kind of bikes. Sometimes it's 2 and sometimes there's 20.

We stress everyone to ride your own ride. We may get strung out over a mile, but we always bunch back up at the turns.

Holler if you have any questions.

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I'm also retired Navy.  Like Johnny said, we have riders on all kinds of bikes.  Our group rides vary from 2 riders up to around 30 on rare occasions but mostly 10 or less.  Most of our rides are day rides with a stop for lunch.  Occasionally we do longer rides out of the area. 

If you are interested in finding someone to ride with, just post up a ride and see if someone joins you. 

Check out the Street rides and ride reports sections and you will get an idea of what we are all about.

Guidedawg

LawnmowerRG

Welcome from the Ham.
Be careful if you ride with me. I accidentally got Johnny 👆🏼To do 10 miles of dirt on his HD.
Thing should start picking up now that it's cool enough to ride again.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Madmanmike

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on September 24, 2020, 10:43:06 PM
Welcome from the Ham.
Be careful if you ride with me. I accidentally got Johnny 👆🏼To do 10 miles of dirt on his HD.
Thing should start picking up now that it's cool enough to ride again.

Hmmm. No way my baby goes dirt.... Heh heh. But recently, I have been considering an adventure bike, something used, as a second bike.

Michael

LawnmowerRG

Quote from: Madmanmike on September 25, 2020, 06:34:21 AM
Hmmm. No way my baby goes dirt.... Heh heh. But recently, I have been considering an adventure bike, something used, as a second bike.

Michael

Michael I ride a BMW 1200GS. I can highly recommend an adventure bike. That dirt ride is a long story. It happened south Alabama. JRobinson and all the other people on the ride were offered the opportunity to turn around. The problem was I forgot I had the dirt road avoider on my GPS turned off.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

klaviator

I have been known to lead street rides down dirt roads.

I do let people know in advance if I will be doing that but most of the people I ride with are OK with a little bit of easy dirt roads.

Many of the paved roads I like to ride are rough and better suited for an adventure bike than a big street bike.

Madmanmike

My bike is a complete primadonna. She shuns off-road, even rough roads. I'll go off road when I find the right ADV bike.

Not actively searching, just keeping my eyes peeled.

Michael

klaviator

Many, if not most of the active members of this forum own more than one bike and do more than one kind of riding.  Some of the group rides I have been on have had pretty much every kind of bike on them. 

buddymc

Hey Mike Buddy McMullin here.  Check out Eclectic Riders of North Alabama on Facebook.  Most of us are similarly bent and many retired so mid-week rides are often, and almost every weekend as well.  Hope to see you out! 

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

84 Goldwing GL1200 Standard, 03 BMW F650 City Street, backroads rider.

N4HHE

Some of us no longer "do Facebook". That is made possible with forums such as this one.

Buddy, Dean, myself, and likely others, are headed to Miller's Grocery in Christiana, TN on Friday. Then over to Sloan's. Back to Harvest/Madison. Probably 200 miles.

Madmanmike

Quote from: buddymc on April 14, 2021, 07:30:20 PM
Hey Mike Buddy McMullin here.  Check out Eclectic Riders of North Alabama on Facebook.  Most of us are similarly bent and many retired so mid-week rides are often, and almost every weekend as well.  Hope to see you out! 

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Cool. Just put in my request.  Thanks.

TWJohn

Welcome, This group is strange but allot of fun. Rides will consist or scooters to full touring cruisers with everything in between. The cool thing is we all get along well and many know great roads to go explore.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

AST236

Welcome from Evergreen!