News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Pac talk by cardo

Started by polarissalesman, May 15, 2021, 01:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

Does anyone here use Pac Talk?  pros? cons?
"keep the rubber side down"

N4HHE

Yes. Very happy. Had Sena 20S then foolishly thought to "upgrade" to the 30K expecting 20S bugs to be fixed and new mesh connectivity. The 30K was so buggy it barely worked.

Packtalk Bold has been a blessing. It works. No donald duck, no snare drums. Speech recognition sometimes takes a couple tries but at least it doesn't false. Noise cancelation is much better. Music quality is much better and I don't even have the JBL version.

Sena now has a "50" that promises everything the abandoned 30K promised. Lost my trust. I have no inside information but from the outside it appears Sena tried to bring product to market using contractors, then firing the contractor the instant they thought the work finished. That the SMH10 was relatively successful and reliable. But then a contractor was hired to add functions to what would be called a 20S. When bugs appeared contractor hired to fix the published bug and do nothing else. Contractors hired to add features but forbitten to touch anything else. This is known as code rot and I suspect the entire house fell due to rot with the 30K. Took a year to release 2.0 firmware which fixed as many problems as it broke. That is when I bought my Packtalk Bolds.

odell2115

We have the pack talk bolds with JBL.  They work very well and it's nice being able to connect to other systems if needed.  This is our 3rd Scala set of different gens and we've been pleased with each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

Our Cardo Packtalk Bold's have a lot of use on them still working, non JBL version.  Never had anything else, but have heard a lot of noise connecting to Sena's.  When a Sena  isn't connected in letting Cardo to Cardo run with no outside brands patched in its smooth, seem to have more range than other brands also.  2019 when we bought them, they were the only waterPROOF ones, thats what pulled me in.  Don't regret it. 

+1 Cardo

polarissalesman

great insight, thanks everyone....
"keep the rubber side down"

Slede

I have a sena system, its garbage. Like to have helmet audio but im reluctant to buy anything else since having this usless thing on my helmet
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Sweeper

I have the Sena smh10 and the pactalkbold. The Sena's are limited to a  group of three. The sound quality is just ok and it will randomly beep at me and tell me that the connection failed. The pactalk is the way to go. It can still be a little difficult to get a large group connected but their app seems to work pretty good. I mostly use mine for music and phone calls. I've talked to my wife for half an hour while running down the interstate and she had no idea.
BTW. I don't make calls but will take them if I'm not too busy. :)

Mulley

I've been using Packtalk (not Bold) for a few years and I've been very pleased. I was just shopping today thinking of upgrading to the Bold or the Limited Edition Black version. I can then pass my original off to my daughter for dirtbike rides.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

N4HHE

Does your Packtalk support the mesh mode? Pleased with my Bold, not well versed in past Cardo product line, but think I read the Bold only added speech recognition. If that is all it adds then save your money. The only voice command I use is, "Hey Cardo Battery Status"

Is my understanding my iPhone is listening 100% of the time so the Bold has no part of "Hey Siri".

Mulley

Quote from: N4HHE on June 10, 2021, 09:49:43 PM
Does your Packtalk support the mesh mode? Pleased with my Bold, not well versed in past Cardo product line, but think I read the Bold only added speech recognition. If that is all it adds then save your money. The only voice command I use is, "Hey Cardo Battery Status"

Is my understanding my iPhone is listening 100% of the time so the Bold has no part of "Hey Siri".
Yes my Packtalk original supports mesh. The Bold has more improvement than just voice recognition. The sound quality and speakers are better too.

I probably wouldn't upgrade mine if I didn't want one for my daughter's helmet.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC