News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

"On Any Sunday" 50th anniverary screenings

Started by norton73, June 24, 2021, 05:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

https://www.cyclenews.com/2021/06/article/on-any-sunday-to-return-to-theaters/

"On Any Sunday" is gonna return to the big screen this Fall. Hopefully there will be local screenings and we can make a flash mob out of a few.

"The acclaimed 1971 Oscar nominated documentary motorcycle film On Any Sunday (OAS) will return to theaters nationwide this fall with an enhanced picture and audio release from Bruce Brown Films to kick-off and to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the iconic motion picture."

"Gathr Films is the distributor for the film nationwide with OAS being instrumental to their re-opening strategy of returning to theatres as the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions come back to normal. They will use their Theatrical On Demand system to have motorcycle dealers, clubs, and fans of the movie place screenings all over the country utilizing crowdsourcing and social media to rally older and younger enthusiasts (under 50?) to see OAS on the big screen for the first time."
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Mulley

Wow! That's a big deal. Count me in for dinner and movie.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Merkur Man

I remember watching it on the "Really, Really big screen" at our local outdoor movie theatre. Ours had the playground right up front under the screen, so parents could watch their young ones before the movie started.
Remember when playground equipment was all made of metal! Huge slides, big ass monkey bars, swings that went way way up, and those crazy merry go rounds. Me and my brother would make that thing spin so fast, that all the younger kids would fall/fly off the darn thing. No one got hurt and nobody got sued. Those were the good old days.

If they have a showing in Bham, I will surly be there for it.

LawnmowerRG

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

norton73

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on August 16, 2021, 01:59:50 PM
I would absolutely be game to go see it.

Maybe you should sponsor a showing.

The website is up now, trailers and other info is starting to appear.

https://onanysunday50th.com/the-film/
Loose nut holding the handlebars