***Ardmore, Lynchburg, Gurley. Monday July 5th - cancelled***

Started by klaviator, July 04, 2021, 09:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Street ride Monday, July 5th. We'll make this early and not too long to beat the heat.

Meet: Shell, Ardmore, AL.

Time: Meet 8:00, KSU 8:15.

We will ride back roads to Lynchburg and have lunch there. Then we will ride more back roads to Gurley, Al to finish. We should be done by early afternoon.

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

I'm going to have to cancel.  My freezer died and I had to move everything.

Or so I thought.  The outlets in my garage have no power so i have to figure out why. 

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1

klaviator

Quote from: mojo1 on July 05, 2021, 05:33:11 AM
That sucks, good luck on figuring it out.

I'm glad you checked the forum before riding all the way to Ardmore.

So here's what happened.  Just before going to bed last nigh I discovered that our freezer out in the garage wasn't running and everything was defrosting. 

Crap!!

The lights were on in the garage and none of the breakers were popped so I figured my freezer just died.  It was a cheap freezer I bought about 8 years ago. 

Debbi and I took as much stuff as we could and stuffed it into out inside Refrigerator/freezer.  We threw out some really old stuff.  We took the rest to my Mom's house.  We were barely able to fit everything into the space she had.

Before going to my Mom's house I decided I better cancel this ride because who knows how late I would be up.  I tried to cancel on MA but got a really weird error message telling me I would need to get the post approved by a moderator??

I didn't have time to mess with that so I posted the cancellation on ADV and headed out.  After putting the stuff in Mom's freezer she mentioned how her freezers in the garage quit working over a year ago and it turned out to be a popped GFI outlet on the outside of the house that the Christmas lights were on.

So when I got home I got on the computer and tried posting on here again.  No problem this time.  I figured Johnny had been doing stuff to the forum because of all the spammers we have had lately.

Then I went out to the garage to check the outlet the freezer was on.  It wasn't working.  I had assumed that since the garage lights were on it wasn't the electricity but the overhead lights are on a different circuit.  The outlets on the walls and outside outlets are on a GFI circuit.  I looked for the GFI outlet but couldn't find it.  Finally I gave up and figured I'd look at it in the morning.

But it was bugging me so looked some more a little later and found the GFI outlet and reset it.  I still have no idea what popped it but after cleaning out the empty freezer I plugged it back in and its still running this morning.

I'm glad we didn't have a big group for this morning.  The lesson learned from this is always check the forum for last minute changes before heading out to a ride.

mojo1

I ended up heading over south of Mt Cheaha and did some exploring.
GREG
06 FZ1