News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Memorial Pky to Allsport pre-ride

Started by klaviator, July 31, 2021, 03:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I plan on leading a ride next Saturday from the South end of Memorial PKY to Allsport in Decatur next Saturday for their customer appreciation day.  I have done this a few times in the past.  While the route I used in the past had some good riding it ended up going right through a congested main drag in Decatur.  I wanted to do a route that was back roads all the way.  After spending some time on Google Maps I came up with what looked like a good route.  Since I don't use GPS when I am riding I figured I better pre-ride the route to avoid being surprised or getting lost when I have a group behind me next week.

I got on I-565 to Memorial Parkway and followed it across the Tennessee river before turning off on some back roads.

So far this was the same route as previous years but soon I was on a new route.

Then I got on some roads I had never been on before.  I pulled a U turn to take this next pic.

Riding through a tunnel of trees with swamp on both sides.

Eventually I ended up on Mud Tavern road which some of you will remember from the Chef Troy's ride a few weeks ago. 

I made it to Allsport without going through any congested areas until the last little bit of the ride.  I hung out for a while.  I found a nice pair of summer gloves and Ben gave me a really good deal on them. 

I am looking forward to going back next week and hanging out with the other riders who show up. 

Madmanmike

Where are you thinking to meet on south parkway?

klaviator

Quote from: Madmanmike on July 31, 2021, 06:37:00 PM
Where are you thinking to meet on south parkway?

I will start a separate thread for this ride in a couple of days.  Most likely we'll meet at the Shell Station around 9 but that could change so watch for the new thread in Street rides.