"Nowhere To Be and All Day To Get There" ride, camp, and cookout November 5-7

Started by Al Goodwin, July 28, 2021, 09:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

mojo1

I'm going to try to come Saturday morning, I will be there before 9 if I do.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

bamarider

David DoubleEX

What are people bringing for food? I plan to stop by Walmart of publix tomorrow and pick up just typical food for our campouts. A few things to throw on the grill and the normal fixins(chips, baked beans, potato salad, etc)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on November 04, 2021, 06:33:18 PM
What are people bringing for food? I plan to stop by Walmart of publix tomorrow and pick up just typical food for our campouts. A few things to throw on the grill and the normal fixins(chips, baked beans, potato salad, etc)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

We'll have bacon, jam, and biscuits of Saturday morning...also Sunday for those that stay Saturday night.

For Friday and Saturday nights we'll have some brats, and dogs.... Dollar General/Walmart is just a short drive away if we're missing something.

Merkur Man

I'm coming from Oxford. I plan to be there before it gets dark on Friday.
I still need to climb up in the attic and find my "Longjohns"! My sleeping bag is only rated for 50deg..Its going to be a cold Saturday morning.

Is there a street sign on highway 31,  for county road 1286?   My phone does not have a GPS function.

Sweeper

1398 goes to Cullman County Airport if that helps find it on a map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Merkur Man

That appears to be some kind of trucking company on the corner. That's easy enough to see for the turn off.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Merkur Man on November 05, 2021, 08:51:58 AM
That appears to be some kind of trucking company on the corner. That's easy enough to see for the turn off.

Just turn West off 31, opposite of the Cullman airport that's east of 31

klaviator

Johnny Tobyone

Quote from: Al Goodwin on November 05, 2021, 09:26:10 AM
Just turn West off 31, opposite of the Cullman airport that's east of 31
YEAH  you can sky dive there also !! ( no I have not)
R1200R
CRF450L

Johnny Tobyone

Flint Creek loop
R1200R
CRF450L

Mashrider

Great ride today lead by Alan Goodwin! Could not have been better!!! Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamarider

Attended this ride yesterday and had a great time. Thanks Al for putting on this event, leading the ride and the time and effort involved.
Thanks again
Jeff

Nice Goat

I missed the ride unfortunately.  I had trouble getting started yesterday morning, and then I had trouble starting the DR.  It seems to not like the cold any more than I do.  Once I got it started, I realized that the tires needed air, so I had to wait for the compressor to charge.  By the time I got to Al's place, the group had already left.  I took off in their last known direction but didn't catch up.  I made the best of it by going for the theme tag and then catching them at Chef Troy's.  I was amazed at the turnout for this ride!

I was actually late for lunch, arriving as they were finishing lunch.  Big thanks to Brad for handing me two slices of pizza as soon as I sat down!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."