News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dirt Rides

Started by El Vulch, August 23, 2021, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Vulch

Hello,
Any new dirt rides coming up in the near future?

klaviator

I"ll probably set up a Dual Sport ride on Labor Day weekend.  You could always post up a ride and maybe someone will join you.

Bama_Rider

Are "dual sport" rides on dirt and paved roads or do they stray onto single track trails or washed out 4wd roads?

mojo1

Quote from: Bama_Rider on August 25, 2021, 03:20:51 PM
Are "dual sport" rides on dirt and paved roads or do they stray onto single track trails or washed out 4wd roads?

Most of time dirt and paved roads but if everyone is comfortable doing something more technical then away we go .
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

Quote from: Bama_Rider on August 25, 2021, 03:20:51 PM

That really varies.  Most of the dual sport rides I set up don't get very technical.....but that's not always true.  It depends on where the ride is.  Last year at Tellico we did some single track.  I know some challenging stuff in Bankhead.  Most of my rides are in middle Tennessee and they aren't technical.

Normally when someone posts a ride they will tell you how challenging it is.  If its going to be easy I often post it as a DS/ADV ride.  If it isn't posted you can always ask.

What are you looking for?

Bama_Rider

I have a V-Strom 650.  I don't mind riding on dirt roads but not at all interested in wrestling with it on actual off road rides.

klaviator

Quote from: Bama_Rider on August 26, 2021, 11:00:40 AM
I have a V-Strom 650.  I don't mind riding on dirt roads but not at all interested in wrestling with it on actual off road rides.

Most of my TN dual sport rides are mostly on pavement but some of the pavement is what I call "paved goat trails".  The roads are paved but are narrow and rough and not much fun on a typical street bike.  They would be fun on a V-strom. 

Some of the dirt we do in Limestone county might be a bit rough on a V-strom but most of it wouldn't be a problem.  We did have someone on a CB500X do it but its a bit lighter than a V strom. 

army_eod

I will sign up if the Himalyan can cut it.

mojo1

Quote from: army_eod on August 30, 2021, 10:18:16 AM
I will sign up if the Himalyan can cut it.

It can. I have been on few with my Himalayan.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan