News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

September 25?

Started by RoosterGarfield, September 14, 2021, 10:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoosterGarfield

Anybody planning on doing anything special (or not special) on September 25? I have a rare weekend off and would like to ride.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: RoosterGarfield on September 14, 2021, 10:26:40 PM
Anybody planning on doing anything special (or not special) on September 25? I have a rare weekend off and would like to ride.
I may be up for going on or leading a ride. What are you riding? I can do adventure riding with dirt roads on my dirt setup 2014 v strom 1000, or real offroad on my dirt bike, yamaha WR426.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

thinwater

I can't see that far out to say for sure, but if I'm not hindered I'll probably ride that day.  I can follow, I could lead.  I'll be watching.  What part of the world are you in/are you looking at?

RoosterGarfield

I'll be on my KTM 390 Adventure so no serious off road. Would like to stick to dirt roads or curvy asphalt. Or both.  I live between Cullman and Birmingham but I can meet in north Alabama or where ever. I rode with Thinwater in Telico Plains last year. I was on a CRF 250 then. I don't really know where to find dirt and would be happy to follow.

klaviator

I'll probably be up for a ride that day. 

thinwater

Oh yeah!  I remember you, just didn't recognize your login name.  Your CRF was the Rally like your profile pic, thanks for letting me sit on it to size it up.  I've wondered why you hadn't re-appeared before now. 

Quote from: RoosterGarfield on September 15, 2021, 10:03:05 AM
I'll be on my KTM 390 Adventure so no serious off road. Would like to stick to dirt roads or curvy asphalt. Or both.  I live between Cullman and Birmingham but I can meet in north Alabama or where ever. I rode with Thinwater in Telico Plains last year. I was on a CRF 250 then. I don't really know where to find dirt and would be happy to follow.

RoosterGarfield

Well that didn't last long. I have to work now so I will unable to ride. Hope to catch you guys soon. Sorry I can't make it !

thinwater

FYI;  You said you wanted light Dual Sport, nothing major.  The Limestone Co, AL, Giles and Linconln Co TN area got record flash flooding this past weekend.  Pavement is missing in places along with the culvert that went under it. ???  That being said, without a prerun there is no way to know that the light duty Dual Sport relax roads aren't  Diamond trails until the road crews knock out their order of priority (which you know the dirt/gravel is last).  @klaviator , @Sweeper , @Pepperlady  and I did what I call the Limestone County Dual Sport Loop for the first time, and it had recently flash flooded like this, and it was fun technical rutted washed out creek beds.  For the past two years it has been a walk in the park, someone may lead you on what is supposed to be a light dual sport and it turn out fairly rough.  If that happens don't fault them, it is highly likely that the extremely light stream crossings and hill climbs drastically changed over this past weekend. 

Again just FYI

klaviator

The weather for Saturday looks fantastic.  I will be going for a ride I just haven't figured out what kind of ride and where yet.  I'll come up with something if no one else does but I'm open to suggestions.

RoosterGarfield

Even though I have to work Friday night I may still try to tough it out and meet up with you guys if you ride on Saturday.

klaviator

I'm thinking Bankhead or maybe Limestone county and TN.  Any preferences?

norton73

I've got a newbie to dual sports that wants to ride this weekend. Bankhead would be more accessible for us.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Johnny Tobyone

Possible... if I dont pull something canoeing Friday  ;D 
R1200R
CRF450L

klaviator

Troopers64

Quote from: norton73 on September 23, 2021, 08:23:28 AM
I've got a newbie to dual sports that wants to ride this weekend. Bankhead would be more accessible for us.
I'm getting new Rubber on my KLR this week and will try to drum up a few folks some weekend soon.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk