News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Yellowstone and thenRussian

Started by Yankee Dog, September 01, 2021, 10:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Dog

Much against my better judgement.  I bought another Ural.  And even worse I decided to ride it to Montana.  What was I thinking.  Which me luck.  Just a few photos from along the way.

norton73

You will have plenty of time to enjoy the sights along the way.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Guidedawg

I've always thought they looked like a lot of fun, but a bit slow.  I'm curious to hear how it did on such a long trip.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Guidedawg on September 02, 2021, 09:31:27 AM
I've always thought they looked like a lot of fun, but a bit slow.  I'm curious to hear how it did on such a long trip.

They are not a bit slow.  They are very slow.  Cruising speed is about 60mph.  And you WILL slow down considerably around the corners, especially the right handlers. 

The bike is running smoothly.  Except for a valve cover oil leak caused by my failure to apply the proper torque when I installed a set of new fangled silicone gaskets.  I'd say I'm down a 1/4 or 1/2 quart in a couple of days of riding. Just keeping an eye on it and added mag as required.   

Yankee Dog

Fort Scott, KS.  Time for lunch I think

Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog

Who needs rocks when you have cars. 

Yankee Dog

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 12, 2021, 03:07:31 PM
Fun trivia:  means "breasts" in French

Haven't seen a Frenchman.  We did see a moose. 

Yankee Dog

Nice Goat

What a great road trip.

I know you aren't big on typing out Ride Reports, but hopefully you'll share some thoughts on this trip when you get home!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 16, 2021, 06:11:24 PM
What a great road trip.

I know you aren't big on typing out Ride Reports, but hopefully you'll share some thoughts on this trip when you get home!

I shall endeavor to persevere.   In the mean time.  Here is a shot from Colorado