News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

N. AL, TN Street Ride Saturday 10/16

Started by klaviator, October 12, 2021, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

This ride will take start in Gurley, take some curvy roads through Lynchburg and Delina finishing in Ardmore.  The Weather forecast looks pretty good with a chance of rain Friday night.  I'll push back the start a little to give the roads some time to dry if it does.

Meet:  Mapco in Gurley.

Time:  Meet 9 AM, KSU 9:30

As always this will be a ride at your own pace ride and we will wait and re-group at all turns.  Lunch will be either in Lynchburg or the Old Delina Country Stor.

David DoubleEX

I should be there!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2372ighost

I believe can can make this. What are you riding?
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

klaviator

Sweeper

I'll be returning from ten days in Little Switzerland late Friday. Hate that I'll miss it. Y'all have fun and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

Quote from: Sweeper on October 13, 2021, 08:29:28 PM
I'll be returning from ten days in Little Switzerland late Friday. Hate that I'll miss it. Y'all have fun and be safe.

You miss more rides, because of rides, than anyone I know!   8)

David DoubleEX

There is currently a good potential I won't make it. I took my wheel off to get new rubber and noticed I am missing the pin that holds the rear brake pads on. I'm going to try to source one, but it seems unlikely I can get one before Saturday. Thus I may have no bike to ride :(

Sweeper

I would offer one of mine but the two street bikes are with me and are pretty nasty.

klaviator

Quote from: thinwater on October 14, 2021, 06:26:11 AM
You miss more rides, because of rides, than anyone I know!   8)

Yeah!!  He needs to ride less so he can ride more! ???

thinwater

Quote from: klaviator on October 14, 2021, 08:49:01 AM
Yeah!!  He needs to ride less so he can ride more! ???

Its like scenerio "No one eats there anymore, because its too crowded".   :D

thinwater

Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 14, 2021, 06:32:08 AM
There is currently a good potential I won't make it. I took my wheel off to get new rubber and noticed I am missing the pin that holds the rear brake pads on. I'm going to try to source one, but it seems unlikely I can get one before Saturday. Thus I may have no bike to ride :(

Don't forget about Midway Cycle Salvage, they might have something to pull one off of instead of ordering and waiting on it so show up.

David DoubleEX

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: I wasn't able to find the pin anywhere local or who could ship it quickly. So I ordered one that should be here in a week or so.

Good news: I have the new tire mounted. AND I'm riding with the rest if you lads Saturday. Let's just say I nailed the improvisation.

2372ighost

Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 14, 2021, 07:39:43 PM
Good news and bad news.

Bad news: I wasn't able to find the pin anywhere local or who could ship it quickly. So I ordered one that should be here in a week or so.

Good news: I have the new tire mounted. AND I'm riding with the rest if you lads Saturday. Let's just say I nailed the improvisation.

In the Army, that's known as a a " local area modification".
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

N4HHE

Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 14, 2021, 07:39:43 PM
Thought I had one. Wasn't where it would have been if I did.   :(

David DoubleEX

Quote from: N4HHE on October 14, 2021, 09:49:20 PM
Thought I had one. Wasn't where it would have been if I did.   :(
All good! The nail as a makeshift pin will be fine. I'll just be easy on the rear brakes until the proper pin comes in the mail.