News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dream Ride or Dream Bike?

Started by klaviator, November 12, 2015, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

trip- spend a week or longer in new zealand. don't care what bike. dirt roads would be fine, so something capable of that would be excellent. just take a good pack and hiking shoes and have a blast. Already know where I'd go back to, so I"m set. north to south traverse and some sights along the way..

bike- i'm with mulley. I'd love to ride a Buell around for a week from ATL. I could hit lots and lots of great roads on a fantastic bike but unless I have unlimited funds and no fear of crashing, I'd probably be more likely to just take something like the new RCV213S with the HRC kit. I've ridden my CBR1000 around most of the good roads in the SE so nothing new there, but I did have a great few years tooling around the SE on my bikes.

Id' go with the trip. I do have a rain check for a longer trip to CO that my 950 owes me. Now that it's running proper, I'm itching to get back but I think it might be a few years before I get the chance again...

Costa Rice would be my next goal I think. I've driven all over PR and nice country but it does pale in comparison (IMHO) to Costa Rica. I enjoy riding bikes in places where others seem to fear driving cars (italy mostly, it's just stupid fun to ride there).

hmoore

I would choose to ride something / anything capable of rolling through the Swiss countryside and then provide a nice climb up Regina Montium (queen of the mountains).  That would certainly be eye opening. The one time I was there, it was on a large bus looking out the window as we coiled around the mountain with a wonderful view of what a trip down the most expedient path would look like if the bus driver messed up. Scary stuff!

Argh Oh

I'd go with the Dream Ride in an as yet undetermined place.   I already have a dream bike  LMAO.

scrappyjon

Quote from: SpeedyR on November 12, 2015, 09:29:06 PM

Costa Rice would be my next goal. 

Costa Rica would be awesome. The scenery is amazing and once you get out of San Jose, cars are pretty minimal. It's almost like at one time you are on a major highway and then 5 miles down the road it turns into a remote dirt road with monkey crossings.

I'd love that.

dirty-diesel

Vincent shadow and Isle Of Mann.

Mulley

I forgot to mention what my dream ride would be. I do plan to make it a reality at least partially.

I want to ride the Himalayas and visit some of the most remote and highest places on earth. I've already been doing a small amount of research. There are tour companies that can set you up with a nice ride out of India. I have no desire to be in some of the nasty overpopulated titles in India but it will probably have to happen so I can get to my destination. Or maybe go to Bhutan. Yeah that would be cool. Who even knows where Bhutan is?

Tasmania also comes to mind. Why, it's less populated than New Zealand with a lot more dirt roads.

More SE Asia will hopefully be in my future. I want to see Myanmar (Burma) and Laos. The Myanmar trip would include part of Thailand by default. It's pretty much the easiest way to get there via motorcycle.

For street riding. I would like to ride New Zealand and the Swiss Alps but street rides seem to always come in second to dualsport. It's just a better way to see the real world instead of just blazing through it. (blazing a path sure is fun though).
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Yankee Dog

Dream ride is more important to me.  I was looking at renting a bike in Poland the other day. None of the available bikes were something I would buy.  But any of them would be more than adequate and I would love to spend a couple of weeks tooling around Europe on them. 

Nice Goat

Quote from: Yankee Dog on November 13, 2015, 04:34:38 PM
Dream ride is more important to me.  I was looking at renting a bike in Poland the other day. None of the available bikes were something I would buy.  But any of them would be more than adequate and I would love to spend a couple of weeks tooling around Europe on them.

Good call.  Those SOBs know how to party.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

My dream ride for now is to ride in all the mainland States.  Once that dream happens, I will pick another dream.  My dream bike is whatever I have at the moment.

Chitza

My dream bike is a Me-sized V-Strom. Not likely to ever happen. I have the next best thing now.  Just wish I could buy a new one. So dream ride would be my choice. Anytime I ride is a dream come true for me, though my skills may be more like a nightmare.  New Zealand, Isle of Man and the NW US would be at the top of my list.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Gam

I'd pick destination + moped before I picked any bike ever made +day rides from home.

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Gam

Quote from: Zeus on November 15, 2015, 06:50:43 AM
I really don't have a bike that I fantasize over due to the fact I actually own it now. No frills just function over form for the different types of riding or rides I may choose.
One day I would enjoy loading up on my old Beemer and go west until I run out of pavement. NBD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, a Vincent Black Shadow, Ariel Square Four..something like that would keep me home.

IceCold4x4

I'd say dream ride, but I'd want to take my ZRX, While not a dream bike by any means, I've def come to love it quickly. If not hell I'll just enjoy my ZRX and the nice roads near me and be happy. I find that the destination matters less than the people you go with and the people that you meet.

polarissalesman

I want to do something like this as a ultimate trip...will take longer than a week to do mine......
"keep the rubber side down"