Started by gharshman, November 24, 2015, 08:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

speedfire

Interesting pattern, looks good.

Nice Goat

If you order something special, it takes them forever (or almost eight weeks, in my case), but man, they do good work.  Can't wait to try it out.

Quote from: speedfire on November 24, 2015, 09:17:59 AM
Interesting pattern, looks good.

They call it "Black Snakeskin".  I was hoping that it would be subtle, and it is.  Should look nice on the bike.

Chitza

Nela's new sofa? 8)

Looks real nice :)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

IceCold4x4

Love my Corbin on the zrx.  Just wish it was lighter.  Almost 10 lbs in my case

Nice Goat

This one is heavy also.  At least five pounds heavier than the stock seat, I think.

gene46

Let us know how it is on comfort compared to the stock seat. I want something more comfortable for long trips on my Spirit 750. After about 90 minutes the back side starts getting uncomfortable, looking for something that will extend that a few hours!

Sweeper

I've had a Corbin on my VFR for years. I always tell people its like a really nicely shaped wooden seat. Feels great when you sit down but after a bit is really hard.  The consensus among VFR owners is that Sargent is a better seat.  I put my stock seat back on this past spring and it doesn't seem so bad now. As far as looks go, I'll take the Corbin over the stock one any day.

gene46

Never mind on the comfort question...I have new (almost) Mustang seats! VS OEM
I picked up the Mustang $450+ seat barely used on eBay for $185 including shipping. I had to sniper it at 5 AM on Sunday morning! I rode on it for about 40 miles on the way home tonight, but initial results are moving me from the bars/pegs an inch or so, from the ground/frame a couple of inches. Hopefully I will have a longer comfort test this weekend.

KevinB

Quote from: gene46 on December 03, 2015, 08:05:04 PM
I had to sniper it at 5 AM on Sunday morning!

Looks good!

Next time, snipe while you sleep...

http://auctionsniper.com/

;)

Nice Goat

I think that it depends on the model whether a Corbin is comfortable or not.  Comfort means different things to different people.  Some want the seat wider, some harder, some softer, etc.  It's hard to appeal to everybody.  Sportbike seats typically have less cushion anyway, so that makes it harder to apply sufficient amounts of the various layers of differing foams that might make a seat more comfortable.

The Versys seat is thick enough that Corbin could use a good mix of various foams, but the seat requires about 2,000 miles to break in properly.  I only have about 300 on the seat so far, so hopefully it will be broken in properly in the next couple of months.  I've had several Corbins, and each of them had different feels.  All of them were wider than stock and cradled my bum better.  The DR650 cushion was a little hard though, even though the shape was great.  The seat on the NC700X was very comfy.  I'm expecting this one to be comfy as well, once it gets broken in.  Right now, all I can say is that I appreciate the shape and the width.  Compliance will come a little later.

For cruisers, Mustang makes a nice seat.  Another brand that I like is Ultimate out of Canada.

Chitza

I have a Corbin from the PO on my BMW. I would say it is well broken in, weathered and in need of repair ($350 estimate from Corbin). The first time I sat on it I thought "Geez, this thing is hard. It's got to go!"  And then I never gave it another thought as far as comfort goes. It is much wider than stock and causes some problems for me there. It puts pressure on the inside of my thigh and my feet go to sleep after about 100 miles or so. And it is easily 10x the weight of the stock seat. Still looking at seat options. A new Corbin is way out of price range but the refurb is a definite maybe.

Yankee Dog

I have owned three Corbin's I think.  They either came with the bike, were cheap off eBay or I could get them fast.   They were all better than stock, but not by much.  I have a Rick Mayer on the Tiger and it is great.  A real custom seat is expensive but oh so worth it if you need it.  I will consider knocking over a liquor store to finance another one if there was no other way I could afford one. 

springer

Quote from: Chitza on December 04, 2015, 08:01:44 AM
I have a Corbin from the PO on my BMW. I would say it is well broken in, weathered and in need of repair ($350 estimate from Corbin). The first time I sat on it I thought "Geez, this thing is hard. It's got to go!"  And then I never gave it another thought as far as comfort goes. It is much wider than stock and causes some problems for me there. It puts pressure on the inside of my thigh and my feet go to sleep after about 100 miles or so. And it is easily 10x the weight of the stock seat. Still looking at seat options. A new Corbin is way out of price range but the refurb is a definite maybe.
Look here first;
http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/BMW-650-800/c/14368088/offset=0&sort=normal
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chitza

Unfortunately, my bike is not listed with seat concepts