News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

SECCA spring 2016 series

Started by Beck, January 04, 2016, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

Who is racing the spring series?  The season opener is Jan 16. at Hollytree OHV up here in N. Alabama.  Should be a great race, new track at a relatively new park.

If schedules work out I will be competing for the sweeper position in C/D class!

battlebuddy618

Oh man I didn't realize it was up there in your neck of the woods.  I'm supposed to be on call but I can probably switch it around to make this one.  Only nogo for me will be if it's colder than hell.  In that case I'll be sitting in front of a fire at the house!!!

Now that the slower guys have their own moto I think it will be way better.  A couple of the races I was in like the 12 row.  The rows start a minute apart and so A riders were usually half through the first lap before the D class would start.  You'd be lucky to get a lap in before the fast guys were coming by you and you had to pull over constantly to get out of their way.  Not to mention the 1 hour motos were tracked based on the fast guys so on one of the longer tracks the slower guys only got to run 1 lap before the motor was over.  The new format should make racing in the C and D class a lot more fun!!!

So what kind of conditions should we expect at Hollytree?  You guys cut a bunch of those trails, right?

Beck

The new moto format does seem better, will see how it goes.  There will be a warm fire or two at Hollytree if I know those guys well enough.

As for the trails, no clue, other than it is supposed to be a brand new fresh cut 7 mile loop of both sides of the park.  It should be pretty technical as there is not much open flowing, existing trails to go by.  Either way, will be great for the guys up here for the race and post race, as there will actually be a track in our backyard.

Slede

that split moto's makes me want to give it another go too. I know the boys are wanting to give it another go as well.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Ryanbroome

I'm still thinking about racing a few of them. We will be visiting Hollytree for the first race to shake it out a little. I hope to have my big boy britches on for the next one

griff

I don't know that I'll make the race but I'm excited about having the track at Hollytree. I just saw this so less than a week doesn't give me much time to get ready as both my bikes are in need of work at the moment. I could probably come help if anyone needs some pit crew help, etc.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

alabamatoy

Quote from: Beck on January 04, 2016, 02:28:54 PMAs for the trails, no clue, other than it is supposed to be a brand new fresh cut 7 mile loop of both sides of the park.

7 mile loop?!?!  Wow, that's worth makin the trip to ride there...  I had no idea they had that much trail.

griff

We'll have to put together a Bama rides day there after the race and volunteer Beck as trail guide. I kinda want to run the race just to learn the loop. Just a heads up, most of Hollytree is on the side of a rocky mountain. I'm not saying don't race it, I'm just saying be ready.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

battlebuddy618

Griff they usually don't have hard enduro type climbs in a SECCA race.  Not that anyone will because they are most likely allergic to fun, but come out and have fun.  My thoughts are that the course will be just fine. 

Ryanbroome

Are you still racing this one Mike? I'm still taking my boy up to see this one. We want to come support whoever is running!

battlebuddy618

I'm at about 80% for this one.  Bike needs a rear brake rotor and I have a lot of stuff going this week so we'll see. 

Beck

I am going to be there around 9:00 Saturday and setup, we should definately all get together for support and after race festivities (riding, BSing, etc)

Look for a black pathfinder with Red Husky.

battlebuddy618

Yeah we will need to set up by each other for sure.  I'm still planning to be there. 

jrobinson

I'll be there with the fire dept providing medical help if needed. I hope we aren't needed.

I'll try to find yall and say hi.

Ryanbroome

Got it. Red pathfinder with a black Husky. We will see all of y'all there. Excited!